• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Next best thing to reloaded ammo

Strontium Dog

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2022
Spain
Hello Sniper community,

I'm new in the forum and have already introduced myself new shooters section. I'm going to start competing in PRS matches this summer but I'm afraid I have time and resources limitations and will not be able to hand reload. Long story short, I'm based in Spain but half of my life is in the US. In Spain I do reload (308w and 6.5CR) but in the US I don't have the time to go through the whole process and testing, finding, etc... I have a brand new BadRock Rifle in 6mm Creedmoor and I'm in the search for the best possible factory ammo. And I know there are small companies who make a hybrid between factory and handloaded, offering a better and more consistent quality than regular factory. "Choice Ammunition" is one of them.

Hornady 108 ELD Match Grade
Berger 105 Hybrid
Choice Ammunition 105 Hybrid

Right now these three are the choices I'm considering. I would appreciate a bit a help here if you have any intel on these bullets or any other bullet/maker I should also consider.

Thank you all for your time and help.

I would go with the berger. If it shoots well in you rifle. The berger ammo i had used lapua brass. You can save the brass sell it or save it to reload someday.

Next best thing to reloaded ammo is component availability!

That Said .... I'd try the Berger.

Scratch that ... try all 3 and see what works best

In all honesty, you probably can’t go wrong with Hornady. It’s available and should shoot well within any requirement for PRS. I’ve shot thousands of rounds of it through several different barrels and never has any of it shot outside of 3/4” groups at 100 and 60 FPS ES, worst case. Most quite a bit better than that.

I found that the Federal Gold Metal with the Berger 105 Hybrid worked incredible for me.

I’d love to break in the rifle properly and either reload and find the right load or test a few different types of ammo and find the right fit for my new (mouthwateringdefianceaction) rifle but time and location is my problem, I will only get home 1 week before my first PRS match and I need to make my choices now. That’s why I need the expertise of the sniper community :)