• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Next Build(complete) pair of 16.25" 308 bolt guns

GBTX01

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2001
Dallas, TX
My brother and I have been cussing and discussing our next build and I think that we have settled in our next build.

We are building them on a pair of Rem700 actions.

Horus 4-16x on a 20MOA base
Bartlein 16.25" tight bore 1-10" twist threaded with YHM QD Phantom mount.
HS Precision stocks with CDI magazine conversion.

Both of us already have long barreled, long range rifles and want a short compact rifle that can easily reach out to 500+yds.

Hopefully both rifles will like the same ammo and have roughly the same dope.

Re: Next Build...a pair of 16.25" 308 bolt guns

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GBTX01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Both of us already have long barreled, long range rifles and want a short compact rifle that can easily reach out to 500+yds. </div></div>

Keep going on that one their skippy!!! I wouldn't be suprised if you get alot further than that!!!

Go for it...my shorty, snubbie .308 is all I need for 0-600 yards and handles nicely when moving in tight confines. As for the dope, I am running roughly 1-1.5 MOA behind behind several other "standard" length .308's I shoot with.

B.

I think my first full build will be a shorty at 16.25" as well. There is something about the shorty look.

Can you post a pic of your build?

Please post your subsonic load results.

Supersonic loads will work best with combinations that use lower charge weights of powder on the faster side of burn rate.

I have my HS Precision Stock with CDI detach mag system, action, base, rings and scope on hand. I'm just waiting for the Bartlein barrels to arrive so that I can ship it off to be all put together.

hoplite.jpg

My build is almost complete. I ended up going with the AICS2.0 stock to accommodate the Badger IMUNS and I have an IOR 3.5-18x scope in the mail that should be here by the end of the week. I can't wait to get it to the range.

Overall Length 38", folded 28.5"
Weight 13.6lbs with bipod, no rings or scope