• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Next Las Vegas Precision Tactical Rifle Match

Re: Next Las Vegas Precision Tactical Rifle Match

I'll be in if my rifle is back from APA. It should be so count me in.

A group from Southern California will be coming...expect about 5 to 10 shooters...

any plans for another big match ? We had a great time last October.

How far from is the drive from AZ?

Anyone from AZ going that wants to split on gas money?

I'll be there too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steven P. Rogers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A group from Southern California will be coming...expect about 5 to 10 shooters... </div></div>

Damn, there's going to be a lot of shooters!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steven P. Rogers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A group from Southern California will be coming...expect about 5 to 10 shooters... </div></div>
As it gets closer try to give me a closer idea as to how many of you So Cal shooters will be showing up. A couple days notice will be fine.
Thanks
Kurt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim3gun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any plans for another big match ? We had a great time last October. </div></div>
Nothing this year. But I am working on a 2 man team match at my friends 5000+ acre ranch near Paso Robles Ca. for next year. Going there this October to start getting things worked out.

Any taxes or anything I need to worry about when taking a firearm into Nevada from AZ and back? Do I have to declare that I have a rifle when I cross state lines etc...
really thinking if it would be doable to go down, and be back in time for the Prescott match the next day.

... possibly in attendance.

anyone coming up from San Diego?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any taxes or anything I need to worry about when taking a firearm into Nevada from AZ and back? Do I have to declare that I have a rifle when I cross state lines etc...
really thinking if it would be doable to go down, and be back in time for the Prescott match the next day. </div></div>

your not crossing borders of another country, just another state. There is no checking in or declaring your rifles with the police.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim3gun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your not crossing borders of another country, just another state. There is no checking in or declaring your rifles with the police. </div></div>

If you are crossing over the dam, you will have to declare items such as ammo. Your vehicle will likely be searched by security. You have to declare any ammo, etc, and over a certain amount of ammo, you WILL be turned back. I had a uhaul truck searched and the trunk of my car searched, this is no joke. Once they complete the dam bypass bridge, this will be a moot point.

Kurt, If I am in town I will help out. Thanks. Mark

we cross all the time. the amount of ammo you will have (100 rounds) has never been a issue. when we shoot TPRC there are 4 of us with 200 rounds each....

I had only 300 rds of shotgun last trip over the bridge, the guy said I was below the limit, but I just wanted people to be aware in case they were bringing the whole arsenal...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Storm Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had only 300 rds of shotgun last trip over the bridge, the guy said I was below the limit, but I just wanted people to be aware in case they were bringing the whole arsenal... </div></div>

understood. you do get funny looks though with 4 Pelican 1750 cases and and truck full of kit.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
It's hard to get a good count when people say they might be there or we will have 5 to 10 shooters.
I need a more accurate count.
It takes a LOT of work to put on these matches, Try to help out if you can. An accurate # of shooters make my life a lot eaiser.

From now on the max # of shooters will be 20. I will only put up 20 targets.

If you say you will be there you will be saved a spot.
If you say you might be there you will NOT be saved a spot.
If you say you will be there and Don't show you will not shoot the next match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you say you will be there you will be saved a spot.
If you say you might be there you will NOT be saved a spot.
If you say you will be there and Don't show you will not shoot the next match. </div></div>

What if you don't say anything but show up?
What if you say you will be there, show up, but don't shoot?
smile.gif

Kurt I'll bring some prize table books over (dont hold me a shooter spot). Keep up the good work. Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
smile.gif
</div></div>

As long as there are 20 or less shooters you are in.
I think you can figure out that one for yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any taxes or anything I need to worry about when taking a firearm into Nevada from AZ and back? Do I have to declare that I have a rifle when I cross state lines etc...
really thinking if it would be doable to go down, and be back in time for the Prescott match the next day. </div></div>

I've never had a problem at the Dam, but I'm not a Candian minor in possesion of a precision rifle and LR ammo.

I will be there please save me a spot.

Start time is 15 minutes before Chiller drives up so everyone be ready on the line!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lvcatfish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Start time is 15 minutes before Chiller drives up so everyone be ready on the line! </div></div>

....thanks......can feel the love......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Start time? </div></div>
You start the match with -10 points for not reading the 1st post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Start time? </div></div>
</div></div>.....

Sorry, my bad......
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lvcatfish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell that to all of the Whos down in Whoville. </div></div>
I got Ryan and Steven down as the only shooters coming from Califagina.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Start time? </div></div>
</div></div>.....

Sorry, my bad......
smirk.gif
</div></div>
You need to quit spending so much time on the hot girlfriend thread and start paying attention to whats really important.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Start time? </div></div>
</div></div>.....

Sorry, my bad......
smirk.gif
</div></div>
You need to quit spending so much time on the hot girlfriend thread and start paying attention to whats really important. </div></div>

.......ooooooooo.......brutal.......

so what time will you be doing setup?

Hi I'm from SoCal and I'm going to this match. It looks like we will have atleast 6 or 7 shooters from CAPRC attending.

the weeds are gettin pretty high out there. can anyone bring one of those grim reaper tools?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2156SMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be there just after the weed wacking is done and 15 minutes before chiller.
</div></div>

Will still not have the canopy over me

Kurt,

As far as the SoCal group, it looks like its going to be:

Steven Rogers
Randall Rousch
Ryan Kerr
James (Chuck Norris)
Joe Villegas