• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Next scope purchase (ATACR, ZCO, DMR) Thoughts??? Feedback

@mjwilcox38 "I am considering a 5,25 ATACR, Bushnell DMR321, or a ZCO 420."

I have been a fan of all three brands, owned multiple Bushnell Tactical Elite(XRS and DMR, 2 and 3), ATACRs and finally sold a kidney to get a ZCo recently.
The Zero Compromise are legit. Glass, turrets, eyebox(amazing), etc are all a step up.
Don't even bother with an ATACR 5-25. If you choose the ATACR go a second hand 7-35. Glass, DOV, etc is so much better than the 5-25
Bushnell are tough as nails, have 10Mil turrets and so on but glass and view is no comparison to the other two you listed.
If you have the $ then buy nice or buy twice - get a ZCo.
Otherwise get an ATACR 7-35

More importantly than all the advice we give you here, buy what you want;
as in know what you want in a scope as far as reticle, turrets(for me 10Mil on the new ZCo is a big deal but hey I'm getting old), etc .
Ask guys at any range, they want to help and will let you look through their scopes.

If you can afford it, then go ZCO. They are better in a number of ways over the ATACR and Razor.
4BA0F5E0-4FB3-46B8-95B6-054E3F06086F.jpeg

I do love me some ATACR's too. They've always been workhorses for me. I've never been let down by one and think they're representative of what NF is supposed to stand for.

I've never been behind a DMR321, so I can't speak to them.

ZCO>ATACR>Other sub $2000 optics
Get what you can reasonably afford and then train behind it.

Last edited:
If you can afford it, then go ZCO. They are better in a number of ways over the ATACR and Razor.
View attachment 8409247
I do love me some ATACR's too. They've always been workhorses for me. I've never been let down by one and think they're representative of what NF is supposed to stand for.

I've never been behind a DMR321, so I can't speak to them.

ZCO>ATACR>Other sub $2000 optics
Get what you can reasonably afford and then train behind it.
I am waiting to see what my veteran discount is on ZCO. I would like a 420 ZCO, But crazy find online was the Leica PRS 530. Reading some of the reviews the glass is suppose to be comparable to TT and ZCO. One guy reviewed his ZCO and Leica 530 and said he could not justify 1300 more for the ZCO so he planned to sell his ZCO and buy another Leica. Expert Voice had 17 5 star reviews on them.

Reactions: Bakwa
I used to have a Gen 2 razor 4.5-27 in mrad. I loved that scope. sold it to dad for i think 1k or so, for a tangent theta. didn't make me a better shooter at all, worst money I ever spent.
before you ask, I'm never getting rid of it.

I used to have a Gen 2 razor 4.5-27 in mrad. I loved that scope. sold it to dad for i think 1k or so, for a tangent theta. didn't make me a better shooter at all, worst money I ever spent.
before you ask, I'm never getting rid of it.
That's confusing? Worst money you ever spent but your never getting rid of it????

Reactions: Bakwa