• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Next seasons cost.

millertime2

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
Illinois, USA
Is anyone else fearful of how much stuff has gone up in the last couple of months? I actually thought stuff might level off by now but see primers at Midway for around $130/1000. Throw in extremely high gas prices it’s gonna have me bowing out of competitions in 2022. It’s gonna be be bad enough just to plink around with friends on weekends. Just curious if I’m alone.

Is anyone else fearful of how much stuff has gone up in the last couple of months? I actually thought stuff might level off by now but see primers at Midway for around $130/1000. Throw in extremely high gas prices it’s gonna have me bowing out of competitions in 2022. It’s gonna be be bad enough just to plink around with friends on weekends. Just curious if I’m alone.

I'm most pissed about the cost of entry fees jumping up this year. Im probably only going to shoot 1 maybe 2 two day matches next year. $300+ is retarded.

I'm only shooting my local WYCO PRL matches. And I probably won't shoot as many as I did this year. $100+ per 1k is ridiculous for primers.

Reactions: OREGUN
I'm most pissed about the cost of entry fees jumping up this year. Im probably only going to shoot 1 maybe 2 two day matches next year. $300+ is retarded.
Where did you find this information?

I had 10-12 on my radar for next year, but that may have me reconsidering and plugging in more 1 days instead.

“$100+ per 1k is ridiculous for primers”

I agree, but as long as we keep buying them at that price, The stores will keep selling them. Don’t forget hazmat and shipping for usually 2K at a time.

I'm not surprised at the increased cost of materials. I'm sure copper, brass, lead, etc. have increased as much as Aluminum (up 70% from a year ago w/ 28 week lead time). This stuff costs what it costs.
Availability is my biggest concern. I'm down to my last 600 rds. of powder for my match gun, unless I can get some other powders I have on hand to work (possible, but not likely). That gives me enough for 3 one day matches, 1 two day, and a very little bit of live fire practice. After that's used up, I'll be done for the foreseeable future.
I also can't sit in front of a computer 24/7 watching Discord and websites. I don't care what anyone tells you, I do have to work, occasionally.

Reactions: Earnhardt
Where did you find this information?

I had 10-12 on my radar for next year, but that may have me reconsidering and plugging in more 1 days instead.

Hell, that was the cost for this years matches. I either paid it or decided not to shoot b/c of that. I can't imagine 2022 is going to have cheaper entry fees.

Hell, that was the cost for this years matches. I either paid it or decided not to shoot b/c of that. I can't imagine 2022 is going to have cheaper entry fees.
I shot multiple, Altus, Grind, Punisher…etc. Match was 275-285. The finale was more only because my wife came with me and the added banquet cost.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
I'm way more concerned about "availability" than I am about "price". If you can't find primers in stock anywhere, then the cost component is meaningless.

Reactions: rothgyr
I'm way more concerned about "availability" than I am about "price". If you can't find primers in stock anywhere, then the cost component is meaningless.
I agree, I’m fortunate that I have enough components for at least this next season.

Me too ... but every time I toss an empty jug of powder, or get a new sleeve of primers ... (or bullets or cases or) ... without replacing them, I feel the pain. Imagine if this craziness continues for "years". Hollywood will be making movies called "The Powder Games" where contestants fight to the death for an 8-lbs jug of H4350.

aef2c9c25d96a91c6fe3fc9cf50a987f5ef87d05.jpg

I found primers at Brownells for .08 each, but by the time you tack on that "hazardous materials" fee and shipping, they're right back up to .11 each. But, you gotta pay to play.

Reactions: jinxx4ever
I found primers at Brownells for .08 each, but by the time you tack on that "hazardous materials" fee and shipping, they're right back up to .11 each. But, you gotta pay to play.
Yeah I get that its not a cheap sport. It wasn’t cheap when I started years ago but meow components are at least 30% higher. Couple that with gas prices my nearest match is at least 100 miles one way I guess I’d rather just go shoot with my buddies 30 minutes from my house. It’s all in what is important to you and obviously how much money you make to be able to afford to do it. Thank goodness my kid has backed off of shooting because he has gotten his license and found girls 🤦‍♂️. No way I could keep paying for both of us to shoot matches. 😁

Inflation is making everything more expensive. The game is already very expensive, I will shoot 3 two day matches and the rest one day matches. But in both PRS and PRS .22. Match fees are getting out of control, we see it here matches not filling up as fast, or at all.

I purchased 2000 cci 450 primers for $223 from Natchez. That's hazmat and tax. I felt like I got a good deal. And then I remembered that was 60 bucks at my local gun store 2 years ago. I wanted to kill myself

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
Powder and projectiles seem to be the biggest hold ups these days. I see primers coming into stock constantly. When powder comes in, its rare, and it is gone almost instantly. I haven't seen berger 105s or 109s in stock for months. Barrels, depending on the manufacturer, can be out several months as well.

It seems as though it's starting to take its toll at the some of the local matches. Matches that I used to see 40-60+ people at only have around 30. Most of the top shooters still show up. Many of the other shooters who are less serious about it, have dropped off.

I have even started getting to the point of frustration with things that I have started to devote time to other hobbies and cut out many of the two day matches I may have considered before. I rarely go to the range to practice either. At this point, the mentality right now is to just keep shooting and having fun until I run out, and then it will be over for awhile I guess. I have atleast next year covered, and I'm hoping things get better by then, but not holding my breathe.

The days of $10.00 entry fees to shoot a match are long gone. Pretty sad. As far as supplies, I have found primers, but one has to pay, pay far more than I want too. Powder was available for a time and I have some stocks, but it is shocking how fast four one pound bottles disappear. Bullets are my main concern. I have 400 130’s in three different styles left. All shoot close to each other, but I sure miss my Bergers

There is one solution - start shooting the NRL Hunter matches. First of all you will shoot less rounds over the course of fire. Secondly, if you are concerned with increasing costs of match fees you can volunteer to RO and shoot the match for FREE on Friday (then RO on Sat/Sun).
And the third reason... they are super fun!! Try it if you haven't already!

There is one solution - start shooting the NRL Hunter matches. First of all you will shoot less rounds over the course of fire. Secondly, if you are concerned with increasing costs of match fees you can volunteer to RO and shoot the match for FREE on Friday (then RO on Sat/Sun).
And the third reason... they are super fun!! Try it if you haven't already!
Too bad there aren’t any on the east coast 🙁

Reactions: nfoley
Cost of primers is kind of irreverent. Even at $150 per 1K, that's .15 per 100 vs .05.

So a .10 increase or $10 for a 1 day or $20 for a 2 day.

Most people shooting matches between their gun and all the gear on their back have between $10-20K into this game. Add in all the reloading costs which can equal that number.

Its an expensive sport/hobby. Back order or hit the discords/local forums for components. I have been able to find bergers, 450s and powder pretty regularly at slightly higher prices. Shoot NRL 22/ PRS22 matches. Even shooting Lapua /Eley its much cheaper and less time invested due to not having to reload. Lots of options out there.

Driving 2-5 hours and staying in hotels, restaurants, gas is the expensive part.