• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Next TBAC choice, think I know.

Shootnwrench

Iceman
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2020
Soldotna AK
Picked up a 50% off cert and trying to decide for sure what rifle can I want next.

Currently own
- 22TD
- Ultra 7 CB gen 1 .30cal
- Magnus CB (should be getting free’d any day)

Pretty sure it’s the 338Ultra in BA so I can convert it to CB to fit the myriad of stuff set up for CB I have already.

Don’t currently own a 338 but with an AXMC, I’m only a barrel away.

The SR is cool but have had zero problems with the CB and nothing full auto in the inventory.

That would really round out the options on hand I believe, anything I’m not thinking of and overlooking?

I have two Gen 1 338 Ultras, wouldn't trade them for anything. If the SR had been available when I started I would have gone that route. The boomers can occasionally (rarely) loosen the can if you don't check between firing strings. But now with over 8 barrels fitted with 338BA brakes, I'll stick with them. You'll be very pleased.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shootnwrench
I have an SR Magnus. Has done great for me. In my experience, I’ll always error on any side of “hard use” just because it gives you options. Even if you don’t plan on hard use, couple strings of shooting, especially with a magnum, in the heat, and potentially get into the “hard use” category. Just my 2 cents. And the mounting system has been working great as well.

Reactions: Coffee_and_Pipes
I have a Gen 1 BA with Hellfire mount. Probably my favorite can. Funny enough it spends most of its time on my 223 and BRA because of how hilariously quiet it is, but it obviously works well with magnums too.

SR system is fine, but I’m married to the 419 at this point and interchangeability was important to me, so BA was the easy choice.

Last I checked they don't make the 338 Ultra in the CB variation. Only the BA and SR. I think you could put in the CB adapter (I have done this with my 338 Ultra Gen 1) but at the time at least, they didn't have a CB brake with a .338 opening. The biggest then was a 30 cal, maybe that's changed now though.

Gen 2 SR. Don't be a pussy.

Meh, You are what you eat….. 😂 🍻

Last I checked they don't make the 338 Ultra in the CB variation. Only the BA and SR. I think you could put in the CB adapter (I have done this with my 338 Ultra Gen 1) but at the time at least, they didn't have a CB brake with a .338 opening. The biggest then was a 30 cal, maybe that's changed now though.

TBAC makes an adapter to convert BA to CB, biggest reason I’m leaning this direction so I can swap it around.

Lot of SR proponents though.

Whatever you get, get it in hub so it's future proofed. Since you already have the magnus get a dominus. The 338 ultra is awesome but your still looking at $1200 plus with a 50% cert. Better off finding a 100% cert for $1k and use the 50% on something cheaper like a fly 9 or dominus.

I was in the same spot with a 50% off cert earlier this year and figured no reason not to go with a g2 338 SR since I already have a dominus and magnus. I don’t have anything in 338 but I’ll use it on range only guns.

Reactions: RS14
TBAC makes an adapter to convert BA to CB, biggest reason I’m leaning this direction so I can swap it around.
I know that's what I did with mine. But if you do get an actual .338 rifle to put it on, I don't think they make a CB brake in that caliber. It would have to be converted back to a BA if I recall right. Maybe things have changed since I did it though.

I know that's what I did with mine. But if you do get an actual .338 rifle to put it on, I don't think they make a CB brake in that caliber. It would have to be converted back to a BA if I recall right. Maybe things have changed since I did it though.

Agreed, Nearest I can tell they only make the .338 brake in the BA.

Thinking you wouldn’t have to loctite the adapter in and could just use it as an insert, wrench tight, thought I read a post from Zak maybe that stated it’s not necessary to loctite it if you want to swap back and forth.

Guessing the literature is mostly for the older BA cans that guys wanted to permanently convert?

I have the exact cans you do.

Was in the same spot and got another ultra 7 but in 6.5.

I would like a magnus sr too for something strictly for my match rifle.

But I would also probably wait till they hopefully release whatever they are with a break on it next year.