• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Next time they won't make the same mistake.

RGStory

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2020
Oklahoma
Austrian Hospital accidentally removes the wrong leg. I wonder if they promised not to make the same mistake on the second attempt.

This is why you write on your arm or leg in sharpee before anesthesia, do not cut and cut here.... been known for a long time.

"The error appears to have been made shortly before the operation, when the leg that was to be amputated was marked, the clinic said."

I think it was a flaw in that very process that caused the error.

Reactions: Bender
Yeah, sounds like they trusted them to write it after anesthesia to me. I woulda wrote it myself well before.

Reactions: Bender
You can just punch "Freistadt Clinic" into a search browser of your preference. It should pop up in the news feeds.
I mean, i used to work in the medical feild. I know what goes on lol. Thats why i said, i would write it myself.

Reactions: RGStory
Austrian Hospital accidentally removes the wrong leg. I wonder if they promised not to make the same mistake on the second attempt.

Ha! my dyslexic ass is feeling pretty good right now.

1621630756332.jpeg

Automatic Buy one Get one Free discount?
Bet he gets more than a free leg amputation.... but at what cost? Lol, you cant say the one good leg is priceless. Every chick that told me she was priceless i told something with out price has no value and therefore is worthless. You could offer me bill gates cyborg leg money and i would pass, it is by far one of the strongest nightmare fuels. It is horrific and my heart genuinely goes out to the guy.

At David Grant Medical Center, they had to implement triple independent checks of surgical sites because there were some wrong site surgeries performed.....

I hope they at least cut the correct one off the same length so they match.

I'd be chasing that Dr. on my stumps.

Last edited:
Doctor: Okay lets verify which leg we'll be working on today.

Nurse: Right Leg seems to be swollen with some gangrene starting to form from the ankle to the knee.

Doctor: Okay looks like we remove the Left Knee.

My niece broke her arm. At the hospital they put a cast on the wrong arm. On the way home she asked my brother how the cast was going to fix her arm. He told her that it was going to hold it in the right position to heal. She then asked why they put the cast on the wrong arm. They turned around and went back. Funny thing is... My sister in-law is a nurse at that hospital.

I have had far more surgeries in the past 10 years than I would wish and in every case I have been asked by nurses multiple times to confirm the type of surgery to be performed and, if there is a left/right option, which side. Multiple times, to the point of annoyance until I remember horror stories like this....then I'm fine with it! haha

family: why don’t you go to the doctor?!
Me: “pointing them to these kinds of articles” shit like this.
62A00DB4-BA5C-48DE-808C-8190EA6085BC.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
I had a laparoscopic hernia operation last year and during the last conversation with the surgeon right before anesthesia, he marked the incision locations with a pen on my skin and added his initials. You have to realize that during the operation the face of the patient is covered with a mask or intubation devices and most of the body is covered with sterile sheets, so it is not to difficult to loose track of who, what and where the surgeon is supposed to work on.

The fact that the entire surgery/anesthesia team used checklist and cross checks with at least two people -like it is custom practice in aviation- put me significantly at ease with the whole procedure. Humans err, including highly trained and very competent individuals, and there are well know procedures to reduce these errors to an acceptable minimum.

Last edited:
I've had my share of operations and procedures over the last few years. Each and every time the surgeon would come in while I was being prepped and asked me what they were doing and had me point to the area where the surgery was to take place. He would then mark it and initial that location. Then the surgical nurse came in and verified the location of the surgery.

I believe this is Standard Operating Procedure around the country.