• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF 2.5-10x24 Mil/Mil finding one??

Firemarshall27

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2003
Stoutsville, Ohio,
I know NF doesen't make the 2.5-10x24 anymore but if one were to try to find one where would one look? And this exact mod <span style="text-decoration: line-through">(2.5-10x24 mil, ZS, HV reticle)</span> was produced at one point right? Just with all my searches I've yet to see that exact mod with those features most I find are MOA.

Thanks for any help, FM

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 17pt">Would now just like to find one Mil/Mil</span></span> </span>

Re: NF 2.5-10x24 Mil, ZS, HV finding one??

I think finding one in that exact configuration would be very difficult, but not impossible. Getting one with a different reticle and changing it out is an option,(cost $320 I believe) might be cheaper to just go with the 2.5-10x32. Searching the various gunboards might be a good starting place.

Kevin told me two weeks ago over the phone he will not be getting anymore of these, and his website should soon if not already reflect this. I know people said opticsplanet would be getting more of these as well. I recieved an email from them that they will not be getting any either.

Used is going to be the way to go. eurooptics has a great selection of used scopes and I have seen them there before. If you keep checking here, eurooptics, ar15.com, samplelist.com, and gunbroker you should find one soon.

Good luck on your search.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ajb008</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kevin told me two weeks ago over the phone he will not be getting anymore of these, and his website should soon if not already reflect this. </div></div>
You may want to check w/ him again!

Re: NF 2.5-10x24 Mil Mil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ajb008</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kevin told me two weeks ago over the phone he will not be getting anymore of these, and his website should soon if not already reflect this. </div></div>
You may want to check w/ him again!</div></div>

Will do!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ajb008</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kevin told me two weeks ago over the phone he will not be getting anymore of these, and his website should soon if not already reflect this. </div></div>
You may want to check w/ him again!</div></div>

Will do!</div></div>

Spoke with Kevin @ HCS today he was very helpful but he didn't have anything or know of any as or right now.
frown.gif

I just called Nightforce today and asked about changing a reticle on this exact scope if I found one used with a reticle I didn't want. They told me that any reticle offered for the 2.5-10x32 can be swapped into the 2.5-10x24 for $250 plus $15 for return shipping. They also said they are swamped with work, and that if I sent a scope to them now, they might not get to it until around September. Just a FYI.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: g2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just called Nightforce today and asked about changing a reticle on this exact scope if I found one used with a reticle I didn't want. They told me that any reticle offered for the 2.5-10x32 can be swapped into the 2.5-10x24 for $250 plus $15 for return shipping. They also said they are swamped with work, and that if I sent a scope to them now, they might not get to it until around September. Just a FYI.</div></div>

Thanks I'll keep that in mind!!

I think that Fargo007 has almost exactly what you're looking for but it's a mil-dot, not the velocity reticle, I want to see it's for sale as well. Try sending him a PM about it.

NF will usually swap the reticle if you ask nicely and have the money to spend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
NF will usually swap the reticle if you ask nicely and have the money to spend. </div></div>

Current wait for reticle swaps with NF is through September.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pwerstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why has NF chosen not to sell this scope to the public? </div></div>

I've heard two theories proposed:

1 - Military orders for that model have taken up production capacity, so it's still made, but only for the military. (I'm skeptical of that theory)

2 - The 2.5-10x32 serves a very similar purpose and has significantly better low-light performance, so much so that NF decided that the 2.5-10x24 wasn't necessary.

Or perhaps it was their least popular scope model. I don't think that they have officially released a reason for discontinuing it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that Fargo007 has almost exactly what you're looking for but it's a mil-dot, not the velocity reticle, I want to see it's for sale as well. Try sending him a PM about it.

NF will usually swap the reticle if you ask nicely and have the money to spend.</div></div>

bohem, Thanks I dont know how I missed your post but I just sent Fargo007 a PM so I'll keep my fingers crossed that he wants to sell it!

Thanks again, FM

Re: NF 2.5-10x24 Mil/Mil finding one??

The 2.5-10X24 models are pretty popular on the AR15 specific websites. You should check their buy/sell sections.

They are about if you check the buy and sell forums, there was one on this site the other day - it might still be there. As to why NF stopped producing these, I don't know. I have one and it's the best compact scope, given it's incredible power range, I've owned. As to performance versus the 32 in terms of light gathering there's only about 3 minutes of time difference in low light between the two scopes, the 24 is also more compact than the 32, and is 2 inches shorter. In my view the 24 is a no brainer over the 32.

Heres what i know...just got off phone with NF. The 2.5-10x24 from what they told me was discontinued.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heres what i know...just got off phone with NF. The 2.5-10x24 from what they told me was discontinued. </div></div>

Discontinueed period? Or, discontinued being sold to the public?

Discontiued period. From convo i had i think it was discontinued becuase the 32mm compact scope has a lot more capability.

it took me over 2 months to find one but finally bought it. I had to settle for the MOA turrets. Don't know if these can be swapped or exposed ?

its a 2.5-10x24 Mil-Dot

I paid $1200 with NF medium rings shipped

Rings are to low for this scope need at a lil bit higher to get a eye position

Yes the turrets can be swapped out for mil/mil.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M24SWS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Discontiued period. From convo i had i think it was discontinued becuase the 32mm compact scope has a lot more capability. </div></div>

Only 3 minutes of extra low light time between the 24 and 32, so it's not that much more capable. As one forum member said when I asked why he didn't want the 24 over the 32 was that the 32 looked better on his rifle. At least he was honest. I think a lot of us are guilty of putting vanity before purpose when it comes to outfitting our rigs. Let's hope NF bring the 24 back - it's the best compact scope with the power range I've ever come across.

Nice paint job on your AI stock who did it?

As to the 2.5-10x24 have you tried these guys? D&B Supply in NC (704 824 7511) - http://scopeusout.com/?