• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF 2.5-10x32 FFP??

Re: NF 2.5-10x32 FFP??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have any idea/info if NF will have there 2.5-10 in a FFP anytime or ever?

Thanks, FM</div></div>

Is there a NF rep on the site? Because i would be interested in the same if we could find out.

One of the best things about the 2.5-10x Nightforce is that it is NOT first focal plane. Yuck! You'll be running that scope at 10x over 99% of the time that you'll need to use the reticle for measurements anyway.

I have the 2.5-10x42mm IOR FFP, and the reticle is just about useless below 6x. I wish my IOR was SFP, and/or I wish Nightforce made a 40-44mm objective on their 2.5-10x scopes.

Never happy . . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the best things about the 2.5-10x Nightforce is that it is NOT first focal plane. Yuck! You'll be running that scope at 10x over 99% of the time that you'll need to use the reticle for measurements anyway.

I have the 2.5-10x42mm IOR FFP, and the reticle is just about useless below 6x. I wish my IOR was SFP, and/or I wish Nightforce made a 40-44mm objective on their 2.5-10x scopes.

Never happy . . . </div></div>

True but i just wish they had a 10x with a bigger objective.

I don't use my F1 lower than 5x because the reticle is too small at that magnification. That's a third of my my scopes magnification pretty much useless to me; If I had that on a 10x that would be half unused. IMO, NF should be making FFPs in their higher magnification models.

When I went to FFP scopes on my other rifles, I thought I should get rid of my NF 2.5-10X32, but I realized that with it and with my FFP scopes I range @ 10X (or higher with the others). Where the FFPs are potentially better is being able to lead or follow up with the reticle at any mag. In my experience, low magnification has been a big plus for the wider FOV. Below 5X I just use it like a scope with a duplex reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish Nightforce made a 40-44mm objective on their 2.5-10x scopes.

True but i just wish they had a 10x with a bigger objective. </div></div>

I have to agree. A 40mm,42mm or 44mm would be great but why stop there, make it a 3-12x as well.

Agreed, because of the 32mm objective i've chosen a Leupold mark 4 M2 2.5-8x36mm for my MK12 Mod 1. Don't get me wrong thats not the only reason i've chosen the leupy over the NF, i like the semi coarse 1/2 MOA clicks. 32mm just bugs the hell out of me. It's so damn small especially for a 10x scope now a days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the best things about the 2.5-10x Nightforce is that it is NOT first focal plane. Yuck! You'll be running that scope at 10x over 99% of the time that you'll need to use the reticle for measurements anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't use my F1 lower than 5x because the reticle is too small at that magnification. That's a third of my my scopes magnification pretty much useless to me; If I had that on a 10x that would be half unused. IMO, NF should be making FFPs in their higher magnification models. </div></div>

Makes sense...