• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NF 2.5x10x24 question

Alaskaman11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2009
Last Frontier
Hi guys, i jist recently inherited a flock of older NF Scopes. One that really caught my eye was the 2.5x10x24. This is a beautiful scope, my one gripe is its a MOA. Is it worth going in and getting NF to convert it to mils? Thoughts?

Sell and buy mil

Sell on barfcom or long range hunting. More Moa lovers there

If it’s mildot with exposed MOA turrets it should sell almost immediately.

Reactions: BurtG
I have a 2.5-10x32 in MOA/MOA. If you dial for every shot it is a pain in the butt.

My ballistics calculator spits out either one and I have a dope sheet printed. I hold using the reticle and if I need to dial, I do it in 10 MOA increments and add in the reticle as needed.

I asked Nighforce a while ago if they would change the reticle to MIL. They said they could but the knobs would remain MOA. It was $300 to do the change.

They are come up for sale a couple times a year. The 1-8 NX8 and the 4-16x42 ATACR have become pretty popular. The cloners like the NXS.

For an Mk12 mod0, IMO it’s the best thing going if you’re cloning, or it’s clone ~ish. Otherwise, a little more magnification is nice.

If you want mil, I’d look to try and trade a cloner for their late build mil/mil. If you want clone “correct” don’t mess with it if it’s mildot.

These are very capable scopes. For me, Mildot holds are not precise as a MOAR, etc but you can still get the job done, fast.

Mk12 mod0 FTW. Can is available again in its original configuration and it’s a wonderful can, despite being an 20+ year old design.

If you don’t care about 100% clone correct and just want it to look the same, probably one of the most attainable builds with PRI reproducing and all the parts.

Reactions: Alaskaman11