• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nf 4-16 Atacr ?

sako.308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2011
daytona beach FL
Pretty much narrowed down my optic for my ar plan to target shoot it out to 6-700 yrds. Seems as though the NF atacr 4-16 mil xt fits my bill but wanna see if ant users have gripes or maybe something not having in hand to play with and notice.

I think it’s a perfect scope for your purpose. If you plan to shoot really small targets you may miss the extra mag but that’s it. Can’t think of anything to gripe about really.

I think it’s a perfect scope for your purpose. If you plan to shoot really small targets you may miss the extra mag but that’s it. Can’t think of anything to gripe about really.
Cool thats kinda what i felt but id rather shed a few oz for little mag

If you aren’t dead set on the reticle there is (maybe was) a x42 with the MilC reticle for a slammin deal.

Love the 4-16. Saw a post where a 4-20x50 is going to come out in 2021. Not sure if that changes your mind. But I dig the 4-16 and dont have many complaints about nightforce products

Reactions: Nicholas Borne
I reviewed the 4-16x42 quite a while back and liked it enough that I bought it. I go through a lot of scopes, so eventually I sold it, but that was before Mil-XT reticle came out. With Mil-XT, I would have probably kept it. It is a very nice scope.

ILya

Love the 4-16. Saw a post where a 4-20x50 is going to come out in 2021. Not sure if that changes your mind. But I dig the 4-16 and dont have many complaints about nightforce products
Not really. I mean if i can scoop one for right price sure but doubtful it will enter market in my range.

I have the 4-16x50 Mil-C that I use on a .308 set-up for team matches as secondary shooter. I found it to be an awesome, more compact scope and goes well with a 16.5" .308 engaging targets from 300-700yds.
File_001.jpeg

I have the 4-16 X 42 F1

Love this optic. I do miss the magnification when IDing a whitetail doe vs spike horn at 400-500 yards. But as far as shooting I never felt I needed more power for the shot. I use mine as a hunting rifle taking whitetail Does. Just picked up a Athlon Ares 15-45 spotter to help ID at longer ranges
BC07BC60-186F-4717-B653-7DAA5D8BF902.jpeg
63E3CD73-D5EB-48F8-9692-12CFF63B3B4A.jpeg
01C4B087-3263-4C19-89F0-FB10DBBACB33.jpeg

I’ve got the 4-16x42 on an AX and it’s nice. My only gripe is the objective size, I carry the AX hunting and the small obj doesn’t have the greatest light transmission for those dusk/almost dark shots.
The 4-20x50 is a slick little scope though.
D616237B-E6AF-4F8E-A400-11E6C4F468C5.jpeg

You will love the 4-16x42 ATACR for your purposes.
I am a big fan and can share with you that they have an excellent track record. They also have the turret design that NF should have been putting on all their scopes 5 years earlier.

They are one of the most popular scopes for agencies that actually let the mission drive the choice instead of picking scope XYZ because it is popular with PRS/NRL crowds.

Here are a few here at the shop tonight that are going on new rifles within the next 2 weeks.

20210106_084730.jpg

You will love the 4-16x42 ATACR for your purposes.
I am a big fan and can share with you that they have an excellent track record. They also have the turret design that NF should have been putting on all their scopes 5 years earlier.

They are one of the most popular scopes for agencies that actually let the mission drive the choice instead of picking scope XYZ because it is popular with PRS/NRL crowds.

Here are a few here at the shop tonight that are going on new rifles within the next 2 weeks.

View attachment 7523534
Just a few nbd

• Haha
Reactions: 1911hombre
My only gripe is the objective size, I carry the AX hunting and the small obj doesn’t have the greatest light transmission for those dusk/almost dark shots.

Not arguing with your own experience but our results have been the opposite.

The 42mm has not been an issue for us and a lot of other users with low light performance. Maybe it's a product of the improved glass, coatings and optical design the ATACRs are bringing to the table compared to just a few years ago.

NF engineer nerds say the 42mm only loses about 1 minute of shootable twilight time compared to the 50mm version of this scope.

Additionally the 42mm version has a huge degree of parallax flatness at any one setting compared to the 50mm versions. That has been a very good tradeoff for most.

./

Not arguing with your own experience but our results have been the opposite.

The 42mm has not been an issue for us and a lot of other users with low light performance. Maybe it's a product of the improved glass, coatings and optical design the ATACRs are bringing to the table compared to just a few years ago.

NF engineer nerds say the 42mm only loses about 1 minute of shootable twilight time compared to the 50mm version of this scope.

Additionally the 42mm version has a huge degree of parallax flatness at any one setting compared to the 50mm versions. That has been a very good tradeoff for most.

./
For 1 less min of shooting light the 42mm will have less chromatic aberration. I personally prefer the 42. Probably why they discontinued the 50

Honestly, it's my favorite scope and I've ran a bunch.

Reactions: sako.308
I liked the 4-16x42 more than every other scope NF puts out. The rotating ocular irritation was the only reason I sold it. But for a 42mm obj, I thought it did very well
Near days end when hunting.

Reactions: plong and sako.308