• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF 5.5-22 x 56 obj

terrygood

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2009
Atlantic city NJ
When I look straight through the scope I have a hard time focusing in the reticle. If I move slightly out from the center the reticle clears up. I have tried everything, but I cannot get the reticle to come in clear when looking straight through.
Terry

Re: NF 5.5-22 x 56 obj

I have read everything above. I will take some more time at the range. I have a S&B and found the same thing with my reticle. I am spending to much time at home?

Fresh air never hurt anyone
wink.gif
plus it's an easy thing to tell your wife. Honey I am going to the range to see if my scope broke. Get out with an excuse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much for the BROKEN NF? </div></div>

DAMNIT JON, YOU BEAT ME TO THE BROKEN SCOPE!
laugh.gif

It's more than likely your eyes. I have the exact same problem, and every scope I've looked through will do it to some degree.

However, the bolder the reticle, the less you'll notice it. NF uses very fine reticles, so it will be much more apparent. Look through something like the SH 3-18x IOR, which has a very thick reticle, and you probably won't notice it.

Something else you could try is the installation of an aperture in front of the objective lens. This will increase the depth of field in the scope, and your eyes will have an easier time focusing on the image and the crosshairs. The aperture could be something as simple as a half inch hole drilled in the center of a Butler Creek flip up cap, or something more elaborate, such as a variable aperture from a camera lens.

I had same problem. Just had to spend some time tuning in the focus at the rear. After 70 rounds or so my eyes start to get lazy and it gets hard to focus again. Mirage doesnt help any either.