• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF ATACR 1-8 reticle partially blurry.

jawa

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2010
TX
So I just picked up a new NF ATACR 1-8. Got it all mounted and dialed in the diopter for my eye…98% of the reticle is crystal clear. I did however notice the center-left side of the reticle is slightly blurry, where the windage mil number 15 is located. Do you think there is an issue with the scope? Maybe the glass with the etched reticle is canted slightly on the left side causing it to be not on the same plane? Any thoughts?

Can you take a picture of the issue?

That will tell us pretty quick if it is a scope problem or your eyes are the problem.

Impossible! Your eye obviously has a scuff in it.

Reactions: jawa
So I tried to do the phone behind the scope thing… if I posted it, all you guys would be yacking like you just rode a shitty rollercoaster. It’s very sunny and clear today, so when looking through the scope on 8x, the image was crisp and clear. I’m going to sight it in on Monday, make sure it functions, and probably just rock it. I can live with the far left of the reticle being slightly out of focus just as long as hold overs, etc are still spot on. I’ll email NF and see what they think. Keep you guys posted, thanks again.

Yes! After speaking with the NF folks, we agreed that as long as the scope functions 100%, it’s good. The reason for the blur was not determined, but since it is only that small area I didn’t send it in. They did say that they would be happy to look at it if I wanted to though.

Reactions: Makinchips208