• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF ATACR 5-25x F1 Mil-C or Kahles 624i Gen3 AMR

runningbear

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Well, Im ordering my new optic in about 3 weeks. I'm torn between the NF ATACR 5-25x F1 with the Mil-C, and the Kahles 624i Gen 3 with the AMR reticle. I just sold my Kahles with the SKMR 2. Great scope, but after a few thousand rounds, I realized I want a floating dot instead of a traditional crosshair. My main concern with the AMR reticle is the "open" floating dot. Does anyone know if it is hard to see because it is not a solid dot? I have narrowed it down to these 2 reticles because of the .2mil subtensions for hold overs. I compared the Kahles with my ATACR 4-16x F1 at 16x to compare the glass. It's a wash to me. So that will not be the deciding factor. Has anyone compared the aforementioned scopes side by side? Which one is easier to use? Im gonna try a PRS style shoot in November. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks!

I had the Mil-C and regretted selling my SKMR 1 for it. I really liked the Mil-C, but the SKMR was just more pleasing to my eyes. Mil-C > AMR, but I would vote SKMR 1 or 3 unless you absolutely never dial elevation.

I had the Mil-C and regretted selling my SKMR 1 for it. I really liked the Mil-C, but the SKMR was just more pleasing to my eyes. Mil-C > AMR, but I would vote SKMR 1 or 3 unless you absolutely never dial elevation.

Did the glass seem to be of the same quality to you?

Same quality, yes. I prefered the Kahles' coloring, but I believe that comes down to coatings. Both allow me to see way farther than I would ever feel comfortable shooting!

I went back and forth between a few models and went ahead and ordered the ATACR 5-25 F1 with the MIL-C. I've always been a "red dot" shooter and like the idea of the floating dot on the MIL-C. My only concern is the tunneling everyone has mentioned on the low end but I don't see myself in the 5-7x range often so that's a wash.

I went back and forth between a few models and went ahead and ordered the ATACR 5-25 F1 with the MIL-C. I've always been a "red dot" shooter and like the idea of the floating dot on the MIL-C. My only concern is the tunneling everyone has mentioned on the low end but I don't see myself in the 5-7x range often so that's a wash.
How do you like the glass? I haven't looked through a 5-25x, only a 4-16x. How is the eyebox? I heard the tunneling was very small. I'm never below 8x anyway haha. Thanks

I had a Kahles k624i SKMR3. Now have the NF ATACR Mil-C. I did like the SKMR3 better than the Mil-C, but not much. As I stated I had the Kahles sent it back due to severe purple fringing. I do not have any of this issue with the NF. My vote goes 100% NF Mil-C

EurpOptic has been running sales on the S&B's depending on which reticle you get the 5-25 is $2,400-$3,000. I would pick up one of those long before I bought a ATACR or a 624i.

I had a Kahles AMR a couple of years ago and now have the ATACR Mil-C. I'd recommend the Mil-C among these two.

How do you like the glass? I haven't looked through a 5-25x, only a 4-16x. How is the eyebox? I heard the tunneling was very small. I'm never below 8x anyway haha. Thanks

The glass was very good to my eyes. The one I handled wasn't mounted yet. I placed an order under the MIL/LE program so I'm still waiting on it.

EurpOptic has been running sales on the S&B's depending on which reticle you get the 5-25 is $2,400-$3,000. I would pick up one of those long before I bought a ATACR or a 624i.

His main question was reticle related. S&B doesn't have the reticle selection that most people want, and it definitely doesn't have any that fit the OP's criteria without paying a Horus premium. S&B aren't anything special to me, so reticle > brand at this price point.

His main question was reticle related. S&B doesn't have the reticle selection that most people want, and it definitely doesn't have any that fit the OP's criteria without paying a Horus premium. S&B aren't anything special to me, so reticle > brand at this price point.

Check out the LRR-MIL reticle. It should be available now and meets all the criteria. Euro Optic had them on order.

Scheduled for release in January at the earliest, and that is as of last week. Just because they are on order doesn't mean they are out.

They were initially project for Q3, I guess they may have been pushed back. I was told they were on order months ago, so if the schedule stood they should have had them.

Well, Im ordering my new optic in about 3 weeks. I'm torn between the NF ATACR 5-25x F1 with the Mil-C, and the Kahles 624i Gen 3 with the AMR reticle. I just sold my Kahles with the SKMR 2. Great scope, but after a few thousand rounds, I realized I want a floating dot instead of a traditional crosshair. My main concern with the AMR reticle is the "open" floating dot. Does anyone know if it is hard to see because it is not a solid dot? I have narrowed it down to these 2 reticles because of the .2mil subtensions for hold overs. I compared the Kahles with my ATACR 4-16x F1 at 16x to compare the glass. It's a wash to me. So that will not be the deciding factor. Has anyone compared the aforementioned scopes side by side? Which one is easier to use? Im gonna try a PRS style shoot in November. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks!

You're looking at some great options and if you'd like to discuss the Pros and Cons of each scope, please call us at 916.670.1103 and we'll be happy to help you decide.

They've a H59 5-25 S&B on sale for $3000 until IIRC the 29th, I'd buy that over an ATACR or Kahles without a second thought if it was me.

They've a H59 5-25 S&B on sale for $3000 until IIRC the 29th, I'd buy that over an ATACR or Kahles without a second thought if it was me.

Same here in that regard, i'm eyeballing it but i'm broke and in school. If i had any disposable income i'd have one on order. H59 while busy is a very nice reticle and in the NF ATACR is 3400$.

Between the two mentioned i'd go Kahles just for the reticle.

I like the "open center" of the AMR. you can actually "see" the spot you are shooting rather than "covering" it up with the dot. I do like my skmr 1 as well. but the open dot is very nice.

I like the kahles scopes better than the NF as far as weight and eye relief goes. They are a little brighter too. but that is subjective on what your eye likes. I think the parallax is more forgiving in the kahels too. I don't see much difference between the gen 2 and gen 3 and honestly if I weren't looking into getting the skmr reticles, the gen2 is the way to go.