• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NF Atacr FFP 4-16x42 v SFP 4-16x50 Mil-R

LAcpa

Private
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2020
Louisiana
I am scoping a (maybe too lightweight) 7saw Apollo Terminus bolt action, Proof CF barrel, MDT Hnt26 stock. I started with a NF Atacr 4-16x42 Mil-C. Love this scope - build quality, controls, and optical resolution are first rate BUT I cant focus well enough to distinguish center dot of reticle. 52 year old eyes just dont do what I want them to anymore (even with glasses). The use for the scope is hunting and some target shooting to build experience with ballistics of the 7saw at distances to 600 yards. I swapped out the Atacr for an ffp Tenmile 3-18x44 I already have. It has a center dot reticle but its bigger - .06mrad v .04mrad on Atacr and I can see it. However, as good as Tenmile is, not in the same class as Atacr. After I sell Atacr Mil-C, I am considering Atacr 4-16x42 F1 or 4-16x50 F2 (both with Mil-R reticle). I think the Mil-R reticle will solve my problem but want to solicit some advice before I spend more cash. I am good with FFP or SFP in this magnifcation range. There are alot of comments on FFP Atacr x42 but not so much on SFP Atacr x50. Or I could stick with Tenmile since my eyes work with the reticle. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I've had a SFP ATACR, great optic and would recommend. Center dot can be turned up to blinding and you can't miss it. I always prefer FFP if possible, but the SFP ATACR is for sure a great choice with aging eyes, hunting, and low light on the menu.

I've had a SFP ATACR, great optic and would recommend. Center dot can be turned up to blinding and you can't miss it. I always prefer FFP if possible, but the SFP ATACR is for sure a great choice with aging eyes, hunting, and low light on the menu.
Did you use the Mil-R reticle or Mil-c on SFP atacr? Thanks!