• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surly

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2014
USA
Hello All,

I am looking at purchasing an NF ATACR with a MOAR reticle for my GAP 6XC that is on order. I recently called NF asking about the NXS 5.5-22-56 with the MOAR reticle and the rep suggested that I look at the ATACR as it has improved glass and a 34mm tube. This scope looks promising given the NF quality and repeatability. I currently have a Leupold VX3 in 6.5-20x50 TMR with the M1 turrets and illuminated reticle. IMO the glass on this scope is fantastic, but I had to send it in for the illumination and M1 turret upgrade, so after I spent the extra money on upgrading the scope, I could have purchased a NF for a little more and have similar features as the NXS model.

The rep stated that the ATACR has a noticeable improvement in the glass vs the NXS series. I will be using this scope for coyote hunting and target out to 800yds. I have looked at the S&B, bit do not want FFP. So with that being said, does anybody have any experience on the ATACR scope? How does it stack up against Leupold glass?

Surly

Now that's funny, right there!
The ATACR has excellent glass and is a very nice scope for a really good price. My son has one on his .260 and I'm jealous of the clarity however I can't give up my Razor for a sfp scope.

Now that's funny, right there!
The ATACR has excellent glass and is a very nice scope for a really good price. My son has one on his .260 and I'm jealous of the clarity however I can't give up my Razor for a sfp scope.

I agree on the price point…very tempting. I plan on placing an order for the ATACR, but wanted some feed back before I pull the trigger. Thanks for your input.

I like the ATACR on the 50 so much I'm getting another for the 338 Lapua.
I took a yodi at 855 yards with this setup a couple months back.

I have one and really like it. It is now my go to hunting scope. Coming from the leupy, you will definitely be impressed with the glass. It was my first scope with the HS/ZS options on it and I don't think I will buy another non ZS scope. Really like those features. The moar reticle is great too. Only drawback in my eyes is the illumination control. It is the same as all the older nsx scopes. I wish they had made it externally adjustable with the intensity. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing. Mine is on an AIAE and dialed the first time ever at 500 with a dead center hit on steel. Then backed up and repeated at 600, 700, and 850. About 2 weeks later I scarred the hell out of a yote at 1050.

Sounds like I made the right choice by placing my order…NF ATACR should be here in about 3-4 weeks! I am pumped and can't wait to compare it with the Leupold that I currently have. I have not used the illumination feature on the NF, I'm sure it will be OK for what I am going to be using the scope for. BTW, I am going to order a Primary Arms scope to put on my rocket launcher. Should be a sweet setup with the ACSS technology. :cool:

I got 2 that mounted in peice of crap spuhr unimount.scope too junk for the price! I wouldnt waste it if i were you get a 4-16 simons and necstar ring its better combination.. oh and glass are horrible i can only see the future..
buy mine.... (NOT UH!)
20140401_152953_zpsxoq03lyj.jpg

Bjay, you fuckin dick! Why you wait till after I buy yours to tell me it's junk?! LOL ;)

I got 2 that mounted in peice of crap spuhr unimount.scope too junk for the price! I wouldnt waste it if i were you get a 4-16 simons and necstar ring its better combination.. oh and glass are horrible i can only see the future..
buy mine.... (NOT UH!)
20140401_152953_zpsxoq03lyj.jpg

I just don't understand why the fuck nightforce doesn't get the hint and make the atacr in ffp. Jesus they'd sell a metric
shit ton of them. I have zero interest in the beast abortion with its useless gadgetry. Come on in to 2014 nightforce

I just don't understand why the fuck nightforce doesn't get the hint and make the atacr in ffp. Jesus they'd sell a metric
shit ton of them. I have zero interest in the beast abortion with its useless gadgetry. Come on in to 2014 nightforce

Agreed. I'd own one instead of waiting for the razor ii.

+2, and I am not a "every scope must be FFP" guy. I do just fine with SFP BUT I would replace my inventory with all FFP ATACR's if that happened. The BEAST really has no appeal to me personally even though I am sure its a great scope. As for the ATACR glass etc. I have owned about everything on the market and the ATACR is my personal favorite.

Sully

Agreed >100%. They could sell it for $2800-2900 and at that price with their record I believe they'd outsell EVERYBODY. I was considering the BEAST too but don't want or need the elevation knob setup.

If nightforce would have listened and absorbed what the community wanted it would be sitting on a very large share of the scope market. The beast, in my opinion, is dumb as hell and will probably fall on its face. They have it with the atacr fully if it was ffp and would have it even more if it had the gen2 xr reticle option.