• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF Beast vs S&B

TexasMade

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Now that a few people have the beast I would like to know from the people who have first hand experience with both models (Beast and PM2) which they rather have on their rifle. I just bought a Schmidt and bender and love the glass and everything but I sure like the NF reticle more. Does anyone know how thin of reticle the nightforce beast has vs the S&B 5x25 P4Fine? Thanks.

The mil-r is thicker, but not substantially. The mil-r allows more precise holds for wind but it is not very intuitive so you need to spend some time shooting it to become "second nature"

I have both and it's a wash really. My eyes can't tell much of a difference between the two glass-wise but others at the range this past weekend (first time out with both at distance) said they preferred the look of the S&B by a TINY margin. They both have passed box tests and are nice. I don't regret either nor will I be selling/trading them (unless a P4F guy wants to trade for a P4F-MOA straight up).

My main gripes about the NF are:
1- No yardage markers on the parallax knob (no biggie)
2- Elevation turret is in .2mil and the windage in .1mil. (no biggie- I watch my turrets)

I also have both and glass wise is very close. I like the turrets better on the beast(don't mind the size) and like the h2cmr that is in my pm2 better than any other reticle made. So really a wash for me but ID say slight edge to the bender. Yardage markers on parallax are totally pointless as everyone's eyes are different.

Thanks guys. Im bout to mound my schmidt p4f. But the ONLY thing I dont like is the no mark for the first half mil.