• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pinkes

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2013
Hi Guys.

Haven't posted on the forum but follow it for a few years now...I just want to know,why is the Beast not as popular as the ATACR? or even mentioned in
the top tier scope discussions?

Thanks
P

Reactions: Zorrosdens
My take on it is that the ATACR is cheaper and more user friendly but with the same optical performance so it appeals to a larger body of shooters than the BEAST.

Last edited:
because ATACR F1 scopes. Beast has two part main tube body screwed together while ATACRs are machined from single one piece, Beast has very tall elevation turret with 0.2mil / click + additional 0.1mil lever which is odd and sometimes not easy to use - you should more think about setting 2 things vs. single 0.1mil turret on Atacrs. Price point, 5-7x tunneling on Beast and existence of 7-35 F1 ATACR which is cheaper, but considered "better between two" by many members here on SH.

Last edited:
Reactions: bunny too
My thoughts on the BEAST vs AYACR as an owner of both:

BEAST pros:

- Made in America, fuck yeah!

- Great optical performance, at least to my eyes.

- Lots of elevation travel. Like, if you want to throw a 20 MOA mount on your 30 MOA AI rail, no problem.

- 0.2 mil elevation turret is fast.

- +0.1 mil throw lever works surprisingly well with just a bit of practice.

- Locking windage turret is nice (I like this better than a covered windage turret)

Cons:

- Damn, this thing is tall.

- Looks aren't everything, which is good because the BEAST got beat with an ugly stick.

- Not sure that dialing 20 mils/rev of elevation in 0.2 mil increments really gets me any advantage over a standard turret.

- The elevation turret lock - oops, excuse me, brake - is a bit finicky (compared to a pull-up/push-down locking turret) and adds more height to a scope that didn't need it.

- I still prefer a standard illumination knob to the Digillum bottom (this isn't BEAST-specific, of course, but I'm trying to be thorough with my gripe list).

- The price is a bit steep by 2020 standards (the only time it came close to making sense was when S&B was pushing the 5-25 PMII at a similarly chest-clenching price).

- It doesn't focus as close as the ATACR, so I can't do something silly like mount one on my Vudoo rimfire trainer.

If the features meet one's needs, I certainly would not discourage anyone from buying one.

I got mine used at a fantastic price so I am ok with the negatives. It has great glass and is such a beast :)ROFLMAO:) that it may be around longer than the cockroach.

I like my BEAST a lot, exceptionally clear and bright. I like the 0.2mil turret at timed ELR shoots with multiple targets at extreme distances. Huge rifle so height/weight not an issue for this one. I think it looks kind of cool!