• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF FC-2 reticle opinions

supernt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2008
VA & SoCal
I am considering this reticle on a 2.5-10 that will sit on an AR. I have not seen a scope with this reticle in person. If anyone has a NF with this reticle, how do you like it?

Re: NF FC-2 reticle opinions

I have it in their 1-4 version, not sure how much I'd like it in 2.5-10. At 1x it's fast like an Aimpoint and at 4x it has 15 MOA of holdover built in at 5 MOA inc. I think I'd prefer the Mildot or npr2 for the 2.5-10.

I have not gotten to shoot through a 2.5-10 with it, but I had WAY underestimated it until I shot through a friend's 1-4x. It was faster and more versatile than I had appreciated with short and mid range "minute-of-torso" targets. I could see where someone who wanted single-hole groups might not like it, but If you pick one up in 2.5-10, please post a good review of it if your time allows.

I have one on an 18" AR-10T. The reticle is excellent and gives several very fast response options, as it has 5 vertical aiming points, center dot, top & bottom of circle, and top & Bottom of short stadia line. Great optics and reticle movements. With a front butler creek flip up, you can use the Bindon Aiming Concept for fast reaction shooting w/reticle lit. Lens cover down of course. Short, lightweight, bright and clear. I don't favor long bodied scopes on my ARs.

A great scope for a grab & go rifle. If the GAP upper were a little bit lighter, it would be icing on the cake.