• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF MLR2 Change?

Will Fennell

Sergeant
Minuteman
I bought a new NF F1 MLR2 earlier this year, and really loved the fact that only the center of the crosshairs illuminated. I just bought another one for a second rifle, only to find that they have changed the reticle numbering( I could care less about that, either way is fine), but that NF now illuminates whole "center section" of the MLR2 reticle.

Any insight as to why and when they made the change?

Now I have to decide whether to keep this one, or see if I can send it back for a MD2.

TIA,

Will

Re: NF MLR2 Change?

Will what do you mean center section? What is the manufacture date? My son's MLR2 is an early one and only the center intersection illuminates

I have a MLR and think his MLR2 is nicer.

The new scope was "born on" 12/16/11. I don't have the date for the old scope, but it was in August I believe.

By the "center section" I mean everything inside the 3 bold post's.....all the mil hash marks, etc. Like this....
DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

I just found this thread, but my box is NOT marked MLR2.0.....its simply MLR2. I guess this is the "new" MLR2......I just wish I would have known. I certainly like the old MLR2 better.....

I think the more recent version is referred to as MLR2.0.

I know that an F1 produced in the first week of July and sold as an MLR2 was actually an MLR2.0, so the change must have happened prior to July 2011.

FWIW, I like that more of the reticle is illuminated, as it makes holdovers visible at a time when accurately dialing up in low light might be a challenge.

The newer version is called MLR 2.0. If you look at the outer crosshairs they are bolder as well. At first I did not like the whole reticle lighting up but now it has grown on me. I especially like how much bolder the outer crosshairs are. I bought a scope in January and it was MLR 2 ( center only illum. And thinner outer crosshairs), then I bought one in July and it had the MLR 2.0

The MLR 2.0 is a worthwhile improvement in my opinion.TheMD2 looks real good as well, however I will not be trading in my MLR2.0 anytime soon!