• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF NX-8 2.5-20

Barrel Nut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2008
Oak Ridge, TN
I'm thinking about this for a light weight hunting rifle. Most likely a .308 win. Max shooting range on game of 500yds. I will practice to 600 yards with it though.
Questions are:
I'm leaning toward SFP because it seems like the reticle would either be way too small on 2.5 or way to heavy on 20X. Anyone with this scope in FFP have any thoughts on that?
Also how is the eyebox and clarity at max magnification?
I also have not decided mil vs MOA, I shoot both regularly, any benefits between the Mil vs MOA reticle?
Thanks

I have the mil xt version. I do not think the reticle is too heavy at 20. At the low end it definitely becomes an issue for me. The eye box is tight but I do not have a problem with it.

Last edited:
I'm seriously thinking about picking up one for a DMR setup. That magnification range is amazing and I like just about everything else about it!

I do wish it had a capped or locking elevation turret.

I've got a ffp version on DT SRS Covert .308/.338. Recently replaced an NXS 5.5-22. NF gets their ffp reticle size right. It is meaningful at 2.5x but not too thick (read Votex Razor 1-10/Trijicon Accupower) that it obscures the bullseye on a 100yd sight-in target. YMMV- I'm not a ffp-nazi. The improved glass over the NXS is a good trade off to the NXS's higher top-end 22x. Engaged targets out to 1100 yesterday in high mirage conditions and was very pleased. Good luck!