• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NF NX8 2.5-20 vs 4-32 for Rimefire

IMO. lil’bit of eye relief and DOF with the 2.5-20. Wanted to like the 2.5. Not so much. Got few of the 4x’s. I’m happy with them for the price point.

My son has the 4-32 on his rimx and loves it, great for prs and our monthly rimfire f-class. The higher magnification comes into play looking at .22 holes at 100y.

Mike

Get the 4-32, much better than the 2-20 in terms of eye box and usefulness. I normally use between 15-20 for most match settings which opens both the eye box And FOV. it’s really nice to have high/low magnification options available for some match stages. I was pretty disappointed with the 2-20 comparing it side by side with the 4-32 when shopping at MHSA as they let you take scopes outside for comparison.

vudoo V22 in AG Composites CF stock with NF 4-32 on 40 moa base
5E748068-8321-4148-8D20-CB182F040A21.png

How much elevation travel are you guys getting with 30 moa bases? I just purchase one of these for my CZ457 and am curious how much I will have available. Its Mil-XT so if necessary I can hold the difference, farthest I'll be shooting is 350-425 yds.

I have a 40 MOA base and get right around 22 MIL. So take three MIL off of that for approx. 19 MILs. You'll need some holdover at 425. I get to 421 at 22 MILs on cooler days.

Reactions: Islas82
Thanks for the info, I’ll be using the same rings so 19 Mils should get me to 350 comfortably which is what I shoot the most. Holdover at 425 will be good practice.
The Mil-XT makes holdover extremely easy and fast. I often use it instead of dialing to save time on certain stages and I'm almost to the point of not dialing at all for many stages.