• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NF nxs 5.5-22 x56 f1

matt452326

Private
Minuteman
May 14, 2021
NC
I recently bought a NF nxs scope with a 300win mag turret set up for the navy spec ops. On the bottom of scope it says usa special forces contract or something like that. It has a special rangefinding circles under the range the circles represent 18in the upper body minus the haed. Is this scope worth having? I know its set up for the 190 smk with h1000 the navy guy said. I read they are switching to the 220gr smk which is what my load uses
Nosler brass fed 215 and magpro not sure what grains friend loads for me. It takes 8.7 mils to reach 1000yds but the rail does have 20moa built in
Does anyone know the exact load of the 190gr smk they used or what can i do to make the turret useful. Its set up so you already know the distanve and just dial in the distance so if its 500yds you turn it to 500 etc...
Any suggestions
Att

Personally I’d buy a new top turret

The 190 is oooold ,I think it’s 2950 velocity

So many better bullets/loads out there.

Plus BDC aren’t that accurate at extended ranges

worth more as a collector item. I have one also but would never use it for precision work. Too many ballistic issues running a bdc knob (bullet bc, velocity, da, etc etc)

If you arnt putting it on a clone Id sell it to someone who would and buy something you can use for cheaper.

GL!
DT

^^^^ Listen to this guy

Thats a big collectors item.

Look around at em. Gunbroker and ebay may give a decent idea what folks are paying.

Maybe even in the Mk13 Mod 0 thread in Vintage they have talked about it.