• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF NXS 5.5 x 22 Mil Mil Scope Decision

NRAShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Okay:

Need your thoughts on another NF NXS for my soon to be completed build.

Rifle: CSS RT10 Tactical Rifle Chassis. PAI Remmy 700 blue printed action, 28 inch Broughton MTU 1x10 barrel, little bastard brake, Jewell trigger, cerracoate, PAI bolt knob, Sako extractor. CSS proprietary lug.

300 Win Mag. I plan shoot 208 AMAXs at 2900 ish.

Looking at the MLR NF NXS Mil Mil set up.

Should I go with the 50 or 56 mm objective? I will probably never use a Simrad or other NV device with this set up.

Re: NF NXS 5.5 x 22 Mil Mil Scope Decision

50mm but you should consider the new FFP NF too!! I feel FFP is pretty near indispensable once I've had one.

Why 50mm? What is the advantage of the 50 over the 56, besides it being smaller? I went with the 56mm.
I do agree though my next nightforce will be the ffp. Although i do believe that it only comes in the 3.5-15 application, so if you is set on the 5.5-22 I don't think you can get it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dreamlander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why 50mm? What is the advantage of the 50 over the 56, besides it being smaller? I went with the 56mm.
I do agree though my next nightforce will be the ffp. Although i do believe that it only comes in the 3.5-15 application, so if you is set on the 5.5-22 I don't think you can get it. </div></div>

The reason I go with the 50mm is there is no discernible benefit with using the 56mm... and the downside is you will have to mount it in higher rings than the 50mm, which of course means higher off the bore and more issues with cheek weld.

i have a 56mm my friend had a 50mm the difference in cheekweld was much more noticable then benifets of a larger objective that we did not notice any difference between

I have a couple NF scopes, two are 56mm and I wish I would have stayed at 50mm. The noticable diff between the two is so slight to the eye but makes a big difference when mounting the optic. I would keep one for my hunting stick as I do seem to get a little more light when it gets late.

I have asked NF if the 5.5-22 was in the works for FFP? I was told that they (Sales) did not know the answer to that question.