• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF NXS Question, possible issue?

Phylodog

Hidin since '06
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2006
Arcadia, IN
I have three NF scopes and haven't had this come up until today. While doing a little dry fire with my new .223 Ackley I noticed that the small,rear most knurled ring on my NF was loose and allowed to ocular to turn. I checked my other two and this ring is tight enough that I can't move them without exerting more force on them than I'm comfortable with at this point.

I looked through the manual and it doesn't say anything about this ring being adjustable and I can't find anything about it on the website either. It may be set up to focus the reticle similar to a Leupold but I don't know. Anyone have experience here?

Re: NF NXS Question, possible issue?

I was messing with a NXS the other day at the store (can't wait for mine to get here) and the same thing happened. The guy at the counter just screwed it back tight and acted like it happened all the time.

My uneducated guess would be that it is fine. Just tighten it back up and leave it. Couldn't hurt to just call NightForce though. They'll take care of it if it is a problem.

Ah, are you talking about the locking ring that allows for you to focus the ocular lens so you can focus the reticle ?

Ya, it's the same as the Leupold, it's so you can focus the reticle, the ocular is suppose to turn. Did you think NF just left out the reticle focusing part ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah, are you talking about the locking ring that allows for you to focus the ocular lens so you can focus the reticle ?

Ya, it's the same as the Leupold, it's so you can focus the reticle, the ocular is suppose to turn. Did you think NF just left out the reticle focusing part ? </div></div>

Well, I'd never given it any thought actually. All three of mine were nice and crisp when I got them so it was a non-issue. Thanks for clearing it up. I wonder why they don't reference it in the manual?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Well, I'd never given it any thought actually. All three of mine were nice and crisp when I got them so it was a non-issue. Thanks for clearing it up. I wonder why they don't reference it in the manual? </div></div>

Lowlight covered it, but it's also on pages 2 and 3 of your supplied owners manual.

Bill, maybe I've got an old manual but mine doesn't say anything about it. All I have is a small, maybe 5 page manual.

holy poop. i didn't even know. i have a 3.5x15x50 but that onlne manual states only the compact scopes have the eyepiece adjustment.
???