• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF turret lubrication?

Brada2

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2011
coos bay, oregon
i tried to search the forum but i could not find the answer. what does Nightforce use to lubricate the seals on the turrets?

Re: NF turret lubrication?

I emailed them about this a while back and they said it was just plain old vaseline (petroleum jelly).

I'd not put any petroleum product on the o-rings, it may degrade the o-ring (depending on type) and may slowly thicken as the volatiles evaporate over time.

I clean all the old lube off and use silicone grease (A little tube of di-electric grease is the easiest way to get it).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hellbender</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd not put any petroleum product on the o-rings, it may degrade the o-ring (depending on type) and may slowly thicken as the volatiles evaporate over time.

I clean all the old lube off and use <span style="color: #FF0000">silicone grease</span>. </div></div>

This. Silicone grease is very inert, extremely non-volatile, and can last literally for decades. A very thin film is all it takes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello and thank you for contacting Nightforce Optics.

If you need additional lubrication on the turrets, a small amount of Vaseline works great.

Regards, and please feel free to give us a call if we can be of additional assistance,

Customer Service 3
Nightforce Optics, Inc
336 Hazen Lane, Orofino, Idaho 83544
(208)476-9814 b (208)476-9817 f
[email protected]
www.nightforceoptics.com</div></div>

Just going off of what NF said. I'm sure silicone would be fine too.