• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF Turrets

LukeUSMC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2008
Louisiana
I'm looking at getting the NXS WITHOUT zero stop model. My question is: Do the turrets still have the set screws so you can move the knobs to "0" once you've sighted in that scope to your rifle? My MK4 I just un did the little screw to loosen the knob, turned it to "0" and tighten it back down.

I've looked at the owners manual online at nightforceoptics.com and yes I did search it but couldn't find the exact answer. The more I read the more confused I got.

Thanks,

Luke

Re: NF Turrets

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, they have one set screw per cap. </div></div>

You are the MAN!!! Thank you!!!

Luke the two set screws you can visibly see on the outside of turrets allow you to release the tension on the two screws that actually fixate the turret cover to the internal mechanism, therefore turning the cover turns the inner mechanics.

Once you release the tension the turret cover is not actually touching the internal mechanism.

A nice little pull off the turret and the cover should pop off. It requires a small amount of force as there should be a well greased rubber o-ring that keeps it all sealed.

Simply turn the turret cover to "zero" without accidently turning the inner mechanics and then return the two screws.

The zero stop mechanism itself that come on some nightforces is actually located inside the turret.

Get a zero stop, it's small thing that makes life easier in a big way.

The zero stop is a nice, simple check feature after you shoot to come back to zero. On the turret column (without the zero stops), there are hash marks that tell you what revolution you are on to know if you are back to zero or not. This is very simple to "see" that you are back to zero. If you use the scope in darkness or where you can not see the hash marks, then the zero stops would benefit. But other wise, I think they are not needed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a zero stop, it's small thing that makes life easier in a big way. </div></div>

+1 on the zero stop!