• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF vs Spuhr

Dkcampbl

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2017
Montana
Anybody have experience with the Spuhr SP-4001 Classic I think they call them? See pics. Verses the Nightforce 6 screw UL rings. They are close to the same price. I’m setting up a 300NM with a 5-25 ATACR and need some grip. Thanks!
DD97FEB5-6E88-4206-B1BE-DE870A6DBBB5.jpeg
13F662FC-C06E-42BD-9579-9EF71CC50077.jpeg

Look at them. The NF will have more grip

Wnat height do you need? I have a few sets laying around.

Typically the only reason I'll use a one piece setup is if it's a direct mount on a zero MOA rail or direct mount to a dovetail etc. Individual rings are just so much more adjustable and flexible on positioning your scope. Nightforce, Seekins, Badger, all proven bombproof ring sets.

Reactions: ZiaHunter
Thanks guys, I’ve got a few rifles with NF rings but had seen so much talk about the Spuhr’s thought I’d ask.

Thanks for the offer @deersniper I got a few gift certs at Scheels for Christmas so am covered.

Thanks again!

Reactions: deersniper
Spend the money and get a real spuhr not some classic pile of shit haha. All jokes aside I have many sets of nightforce rings and like them all.. but my spuhr mounts are much better....

Why are you even comparing Spuhrs lightweight hunting mounts to Nightforce heavy duty 6 bolt rings?
Its not an apple to apple comparison now is it?

Reactions: TMR137
I'm not a fan of Nightforce rings myself. Personally much prefer the Vortex precision matched or TPS rings.

Not enough first hand experience with the Spuhr hunting series to comment on those. The regular Spuhr mounts aren't worth the premium, imo, unless you want to mount things to the outside of your rings.

I disagree on both counts, I ran some seekins rings which are identical to vortex rings, nothing special about them to nightforce. It is like you stated personal preference. But spuhr IMO is definitely worth the money when your putting 3k worth of glass in it, and the scope leveling tool is awesome. Extremely well made, it’s like saying atlas bipods aren’t worth the premium, but in reality they are.

Have used nightforce rings on a few rifles. They are fine. Most serious shooters i know splurge for the Spuhr and never look back.

I disagree on both counts, I ran some seekins rings which are identical to vortex rings, nothing special about them to nightforce. It is like you stated personal preference. But spuhr IMO is definitely worth the money when your putting 3k worth of glass in it, and the scope leveling tool is awesome. Extremely well made, it’s like saying atlas bipods aren’t worth the premium, but in reality they are.

Atlas bi-pods are on the low end these days. That's more like saying you want a good quality ring not the cheap stuff, just like all of us recommended high quality rings not any of the cheap stuff...

The Ckye pod is more like the Spuhr, imo. If you need the features of the Spuhr or Ckye they are absolutely worth the premium. If all you need is simple rings or a bipod there are products like Atlas and Seeking that do the job without spending a premium on features you don't need.

We all have our ring brand preferences for different reasons, but all brands have had their share of issues... Nightforce has/had issues with burrs inside the ring tube and the 4 screw ultra lites are known to break at the scope base (seen this in person a few times). Seeking screws are known for being very prone to rusting (more a question of when not if). Spuhr mounts have had issues with the ring breaking/splitting (one bad batch?) and slipping on the tube (out of spec). The list goes on, I don't know of a single ring brand that has been immune... so pick your poison and drive on.

Lol unless your mounting a bunch of stuff to them, Spuhr does nothing better than Nightforce