• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF vs vortex

FrozenMinnesotan

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2018
Ne MN
Looking to upgrade my athlon midas tac for next year. I'm looking at the vortex razor HD h2 and a nf nx8 4-32.

I know the nf is new but was hoping if some people can give me their thoughts between the 2.

If weight is not an issue the Vortex gen2 razor is an outstanding scope for the money.

I prefer the AMG over any of the NF options. But if I had to choose the ones you listed....Gen II all day.

personally before i purchase another scope this time i want to look through and compare it to either what i have or the other scope i am thinking about getting it may make it harder but with everyone using nf around me or snb and a few vortex its a fair comparison . Just ask questions and try to look through every bodies stuff at the range most will be happy to let you look while other maybe not so much . but in 20 + years have yet to meet a shooter that will not talk about there gear happily even if they are not really happy with something . which ever you decide on lots of luck and good shooting .

I'm sure they are all over, I know in the nx8 thread there are quite a few in the last couple pages.

The razor is a scope that has positive history as you’ll likely hear and read here. Nightforce makes excellent optics both will be great choices. The nx8 seems like a promising scope.

Are there features or a reticle you’re gravitating towards?

I've not owned the razor. Size/weight wise though it will be much different than the nx8. I feel like the amg would be a better comparison for the two in that respect.

I have an amg and the 2.5-20 nx8. The nx8 is still new to me and I'm going to wait until I get mine back to say much more.

For what a used amg is selling for, they are hard to beat.

Not mine but my buddies NX8 on 32x. The grain elevator is right at a mile. This is on a hot Oklahoma day and I have no idea how he got it crooked on the photo.

Ok thanks guys. Size and weight are not an issue. I prefer tracking and reliability over anything else and glass comes next. I might be going atacr it looks like though.

If tracking is your first priority, Nightforce is known to track all day long and Vortex has a great warranty for if/when it doesn't. I almost bought a Razor and I'm sure they are fantastic scopes but the NX8 seems to be a fantastic scope if the eyebox isn't too tight. I love the NXS scopes, they are bombproof

Reactions: FrozenMinnesotan