• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF Wedge Prism, 50MOA and 100MOA

It is new for 2020. No details are out yet. NF is closed from today - January 6th so I do not think their site will update with new for 2020 items until at least when they return

A nice direct mount for their ATACRs would be pretty sweet. Little competition in the market ?

I think TacomHQ has a patent on the TARAC, but they have been willing to license it out.

I suppose we will see during SHOT.

ILya
Depending on how specific the patent is, could make all the difference. Either way, I’m interested.

Interesting. Competition for the Charlie Tarac or different design? As ELR continues to gain popularity I'm sure we'll start seeing more and more. March is coming out with the new Genesis 4-40x52 with 86 mils of total travel and 72 mils or elevation alone. I'd be curious to see how "normal" scopes with Charlie Tarac's perform compared to the Genesis and if there's any advantage to one over the other.

Attachments

• 2020New4x-40x52G-rev3.pdf
    451.9 KB · Views: 70
This popped up this morining: https://www.theoutdoorwire.com/releases/7b7ce584-79aa-4647-a585-0a23900c055c

3a066acc-1cfe-4b25-9e45-f3fd34d7020f_480x672.jpg

I think of "optical wedge" as being a critter I would put behind a clipon, to add collimation to the clipon.
What other uses are there for an "optical wedge" ??

Should start seeing these in the wild soon, the obvious question will be how well they compare to the Charlie Tarac

I wonder what the height to center will be.... I would guess it would cater to 34mm tube scopes, rifles with NV bridges/rails, and 1.5" height mounts.

Hi,

Looks like this just might get ugly....

Sincerely,
Theis

They are just throwing a fit.... This isn't any different than any other product made in the shooting industry that share design similarities... Pistols, rifles, chassis, scopes, actions, etc all have 100 companies making variants of similar designs. As long as there is no patent infringement then it's good healthy capitalistic competition.

Should start seeing these in the wild soon, the obvious question will be how well they compare to the Charlie Tarac
More like the Alpha or Bravo Tarac in Design, but the 100 MOA version hits Charlie Tarac range territory.

Anyone get a chance to use the Wedge?
I haven't used my 100MOA version, as my ELR gun is still being built. I've used a borrowed 50MOA version, and it works as advertised.

Reactions: lash
These guys shoot with one quite a bit to 3000+ yards. He even built an adapter to screw it on like a sunshade for some of his rigs: