• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors NFA Items-How to with a trust

leprechaun

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2007
Now that the change has taken place, I want to get some NFA items before I can't.

I have heard that you can do it with a "trust". I am hoping I can get some guidance.

What is the benefit of "trust" vs. doing it as a individual?

What type of "trust" do you need?

I want to get the following:

A SBR possibly full auto if it does not require extra hoops to jump through

A suppressor.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Re: NFA Items-How to with a trust

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xtant23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are a few good Links I hope this helps.
Trust Info
http://www.86th.org/?id=nfa-trust </div></div>

+1 for using this as an outline. I have done it 9 times now, with no trouble!
C

They are great links.Thanks

Does anyone have any tips/experiences to pass on with their experiences??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xtant23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are a few good Links I hope this helps.
Trust Info

Thanks for posting this info.
Jason

Thanks for those links. I read a thread on here somewhere that went into detail and what internet trust maker to use. Does anyone know where I can find that thread?

Thanks,
G

The dealer I'm talking to has never dealt with a trust before. So I have a couple of questions before I fill out the forms. Since they don't run your prints is there any need in being printed? And on the form 4 in 3c where it asks for your decendent, am I to assume this means your heir? As I have no decendents.

decendent is who gets the belongings of the trust if you die or become incapacitated.

Also there are 3 people who must serve as board of trustees so to speak, they vote on what to do with the NFA item if you are incapacitiated.

None of the 3 can be the decendent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xtant23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are a few good Links I hope this helps.
Trust Info

Thanks for posting this info.
Jason </div></div>

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble .. but a trust is worthless in MO for NFA applications. MO states you have to have an FFL for NON-C&R NFA .. most get a C&R FFL to suffice. The ATF will not issue an FFL to a trust .. so this is useless here in MO.

Individual or LLC are your only options.

Going through with my first one now.
smile.gif
The wait, it hurts.