• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PD DUMPER

Private
Minuteman
  • Jul 2, 2014
    WYOMING
    Today I received a check in the mail from NFA. It says application refund on it. Everything looks real on it, no letter, explanation or anything. Anybody else???

Two forms 11 months ago Picked up both cans yesterday. One form was June just before the new 41R went into effect. Checking the account tomorrow.

Two forms 11 months ago Picked up both cans yesterday. One form was June just before the new 41R went into effect. Checking the account tomorrow.

You applied for two tax stamps, sent 2 x $200 in with the apps and they refunded one of them ? And, you received two tax stamps, allowing you to take legal possession of two cans ? Assuming I have all that correct, it sounds very strange. If I were in you shoes, as long as I received two new tax stamps, I wouldn't worry about it.

You applied for two tax stamps, sent 2 x $200 in with the apps and they refunded one of them ? And, you received two tax stamps, allowing you to take legal possession of two cans ? Assuming I have all that correct, it sounds very strange. If I were in you shoes, as long as I received two new tax stamps, I wouldn't worry about it.

Not quite correct. I applied for a third stamp the end of June with a different dealer. Talked to the NFA this morning, they can't do anything without the serial #. Got a call in to the dealer but no response yet.

Not quite correct. I applied for a third stamp the end of June with a different dealer. Talked to the NFA this morning, they can't do anything without the serial #. Got a call in to the dealer but no response yet.

Sounds, to me, like there may have been an issue with the 3rd can; and that's a refund for the rejected application. Won't surprise me if you find out that you need to resubmit for that last can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a dead beat dealer. Won't return my calls. Not going to resend with this guy. Now I need to get get my money back from him.