• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NFL 2019 thread

Soulezoo

Hide Sommelier and Connoisseur of fine spirits
Minuteman
  • Jun 4, 2018
    Here and there
    I didn't see a thread started... so,

I am not an Indy Colts fan but am shocked at the sudden retirement of Luck. Colts were primed to make some noise this year.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    Did you spout that opinion in the CFL thread?
    Every college in America is more virulently opposed to everything this forum stands for...

Again, just ignore it if you don't like it.

Wasn't aware there was a college football thread, but my disdain for colleges is worse than for the NFL. Its a slow night though, maybe I'll go find that thread just to kick the beehive...

Reactions: Longshot231
    I totally respect Luck for retiring. It would really suck to just be in pain all the time and always aware of the fact that without years of treatment and recovery, he would probably just end up broken again. Curious to see how the Browns do this year. They've built a pretty solid team. Also wanting to see what Mahomes and the Chiefs can manage to do... kid is pretty damn good!

Reactions: Soulezoo
    Smartest guy in the NFL (not for long) league. He made between 80-100 million, has a first child on the way and is preserving his health for a hopefully long life.
    It’s no longer about a love for the game at that level. Strictly business. Fucking smart move in my opinion. I’m sure his wife feels the same way. Take the money and run.

Reactions: Soulezoo
    I'd rather watch bikini-clad women play volley ball on the beach than to watch a bunch of guys fight over a pigskin on a cow pasture with white lines.

I'd rather watch bikini-clad women play volley ball on the beach than to watch a bunch of guys fight over a pigskin on a cow pasture with white lines.
    Cool. Did that post make you feel better? Quit shitting in my thread douchebag.
    I didn't ask for that opinion, let the guys who want to talk football talk football.
    You can go to your nearest cow pasture and step in what you left here.

Cool. Did that post make you feel better? Quit shitting in my thread douchebag.
    I didn't ask for that opinion, let the guys who want to talk football talk football.
    You can go to your nearest cow pasture and step in what you left here.

For a tough guy who likes to talk football, it looks like it doesn't take much to hurt your feelings. Be that as it may, I will leave your thread so you may feel free to go to your safe place.

You came to a "sports" sub-forum to a post about football just to spread a little hate? The irony of people saying they don't care then going through this process is strange.

Back on topic, I was just looking at some of the lineups and seeing a lot of stuff that I had missed from the off-season. The Ravens got Earl Thomas, so it looks like no one is going to be able to score against them this year lol. The Chiefs don't really have a halfback that can do anything. Hopefully one of the guys they do have can step up. The Rams look REALLY strong after a couple bigger defensive pickups. There are a lot of really strong teams this year. Then there are the Dolphins and Giants.. they need help.

The Dolphins really need help. Seems like they're in rebuilding mode since Marino retired.

I havent watched any preseason, or caught up on any new developments this year. Did the NFL make any new rule changes for this season?

I havent watched any preseason, or caught up on any new developments this year. Did the NFL make any new rule changes for this season?
    There were a bunch actually. The most significant has to do with pass interference penalties and the ability of the coach to challenge the ruling/non-call on replay.

The Chiefs don't really have a halfback that can do anything. Hopefully one of the guys they do have can step up.

Damien Williams had one of the strongest finishes to a season after Kareem Hunt was let go. They did take your advice and added LeSean McCoy though. Sunday he looked like he still had some left in the tank. Rookie Darwin Thompson will also show some flashes this year. Chiefs are now stacked at RB.

Reactions: marc.
    I think the Chiefs are the only AFC team that can give the Pats a run.

It was going to be a hell of a game...before the Pats added AB. He could either have an All Pro season, or get in a fistfight with Belicheck next Tuesday...either is equally as likely.

They've been in quite the arms race the past month or so.

Chiefs have nearly $20M in Cap space sitting idle. I wouldn't be surprised if they pursue a corner via Trade soon.

I think the Chiefs are the only AFC team that can give the Pats a run.
    After seeing the games this past weekend... Looks like everyone will have a tough time matching up with the Patriots. They made the Steelers look like amateurs lol. With AB it probably would have been a lot worse (and more personal). Sucks Mahomes was hurt.. hopefully he gets better soon.

After this morning's headlines, it's not looking like Brown is going to be available very much in the future for the Patriots.