• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NFL in Politics

SQUATCH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
In a Cave
NFL decides to allow Bob Costas to repeat what was said by another writer regarding anti-gun laws and more strict laws for hand guns during a Sunday Night NFL game. Personally think that is not the time or place to spout political bullshit. I watch sports to break away from the regular media and news. Maybe we should just ban professional sports since that kills people repeatedly throughout the years both accidental during play but also players not being able to handle life and killing themselves and others. Fan rioting in the parking lot and cities, beating up each other and killings. Why not?

NFL Politics

Re: NFL in Politics

Bob Costas needs to shut the F%#k up and mind his own business. When someone really wants to kill themselves they will find a way. Guns are all over the streets and are easily accessible to everyone. If Belcher killed himself with a folding knife would Costas bitch for stricter knife laws? Probably not.

Total, if typical, douche move by the anti-gun crowd. Any excuse to spout their worthless message.

Alcohol kills many times more people per year than guns do yet there's no mention of banning booze. It's all about control and less guns = more control which is why guns are the issue, they don't give two shits about human lives or any of the other guises they use. Costas is just a pawn.

Costas isn't much good at talking football to begin with, now he's demonstrated he's out of touch with a large contingent of the NFL's fan base, people that own and use firearms lawfully, and he stands to alienate many of them. He didn't even have an original thought to express, or perhaps he thought quoting another lent credibility to the claim, as though one other member of the media sharing the thought made it reflective of the majority opinion. What he did quote was preposterous, to insinuate that a several hundred pound man would not have wanted to, and could not have done harm without a firearm. Costas should be let go.

The objective biased main stream media takes many forms.
Inaccurate, agenda driven mindless liberals are everywhere and unfortunately more are in the media so they get seen more.
Bad for America.
Bad for everyone.

Posted this on the 1911 Forum edition of this topic -

Onegoodshot has me thinking (dangerous).

Tonight I will be sending the following to Anheuser Busch a big supporter of the NFL.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Bob Costas recent commentary in the aftermath of the crime perpetrated by Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher has caused me to assess the reasoning behind those thoughts.

It is Mr Costas belief that the tool and not the individual was responsible for this tragedy. His understanding is that had not the gun been available the violence would not have taken place.

Well I often read of tragedies involving alcohol and I have come to the conclusion that in regards to the consumption of liquor it is not the individual that is responsible but your product and your company that are to blame for death and injury well beyond those caused by murderers that legally or otherwise gain access to a firearm and choose to abuse the responsibility.

Anheuser Busch is a big supporter of the NFL so it follows that you must agree with Mr Costas comments. I am offended by this and will choose to take my business elsewhere. There are plenty of domestic and imported brewers that I can access to replace my former purchases of Anheuser Busch products and these corporations do not support an agenda contrary to the Constitution of the United States or espouse a philosophy that makes excuses for murderers.

Sincerely,

me.

My problem with this is why hurt AB they didnt make the stupid comment? Still they are part of that business enterprise that is the NFL and its necessary affiliates that give Bob Costas a reason to wake up and go to work and get paid to espouse this crap.

Any opinions?

It's "tragedy," "tragedies," and "assess," not <span style="font-style: italic">trsdgedy</span>, <span style="font-style: italic">tradgedies</span>, and <span style="font-style: italic">asses.</span>

Was forced to watch CNN news due to where I was this morning: the gun control issue over this stupid incident was absurd...how about the steroids that caused the rage for this guy to do this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Anheuser Busch is a big supporter of the NFL
</div></div>

AB-InBev is the name of the company.

Excellent thank you for the proof reading.

Not that it will change anything by sending it and I kind of disagree with atacking a company that has little control over Bob Costas but its a tactic the antis like to use and it shows the hypocrisy of Costas position - the NFL takes advertising money from a business that in his line of thought causes way more problems than firearms yet they take a stand on guns.

Besides I've been looking for something besides just taste to justify buying Stella Artois - its such a good beer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Besides I've been looking for something besides just taste to justify buying Stella Artois - its such a good beer.</div></div>

Taste should be your only reason. Life is too short to suck down just any old stale panther piss.

Right after his anti-gun rant there was probably a Budweiser commercial

Whitlock's comment on carrying a gun making us prone to confrontation and escalation is from his many years of being a concealed carry permit owner. It's like people who have never fought in Afghanistan telling me how dangerous it is even though I'm telling them the opposite. Everyone has their opinion, informed or not.

edit for citing belcher not whitlock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Besides I've been looking for something besides just taste to justify buying Stella Artois - its such a good beer.</div></div>

Taste should be your only reason. Life is too short to suck down just any old stale panther piss. </div></div>

Dammit,

went to the AB site to make my post and Stella is in their product line!

9kcac7.jpg