• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NFL...rate your team's draft.

SledDog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2009
Saint Helens, Or
As a Dolphins fan I was on the fence with this draft. The GM has been hit and miss, new coaching staff, new philosophy, same old front office.

Whether or not you like Tannehill he's in the best spot to succeed. Lots of other sneaky picks that may pay off big, Lamar Miller in the 4th (with 1st rd tools) is a good example.

So I give the 'fins a B.

How'd your team do?

Re: NFL...rate your team's draft.

As a Falcon's fan I knew going in with no first round and no fourth round that this draft wasn't going to be the greatest. I was fine with the 2nd round Center...he'll be a good starter for atleast a decade...but the OT pick wasn't the best available and he's a project at best...and then a FB? We have the most expensive FB in the league and with the transition to a ground and pound to letting Matt Ryan air it out...I felt the pick was wasted.

So I give the Falcon's a C-

Did Atl get Konz? That guy is a frickin snow plow. Great pick. Ryan needed some help, too much interior pass rush.

Watching the Bears draft McClellin (instead of Whitney Mercilus) in the 1st round has me hoping Phil Emery sees something no one else seems to. That said, I think they made a solid choice trading up to get Jeffery in the 2nd. Phil has made some solid moves through free agency, so I am just going to trust his judgement with Shea McClellin.

Basically a B draft without seeing, but it could easily be a hidden A+

also, thanks to your Dolphins for letting us steal Brandon Marshall
laugh.gif

I am from KC, so a Chiefs fan all my life, that being said, the Chief's organization is so full of retardation they should get gov money and be a non profit for the KC school for the mentally ill

Lions: C
Didn't draft defense until the end of the second day. Traded up to get a questionable LB in the later rounds. C because as a Lions fan my expectations are pretty low as far as their GM performance goes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GasLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

also, thanks to your Dolphins for letting us steal Brandon Marshall
laugh.gif

</div></div>
You're f-ing welcome. We give 2 2nd rd picks to get him then hand him over for 2 3rds. Nice math. We did get a nice TE out of that pick, Egnew from Missouri.

Enjoy watching Cutler throw to Marshall and Jeffrey all year. Should light up that offense. McClellan is a machine, and would have been a mid 1st rd pick but he has issues with concussions. If he can stay healthy he'll bookend with Peppers well.

Don't get me started about my Packers and Ted Thompson.

Last years debacle on defense can be summed up in the Ted Thompson cheapskate philosophy. Ala DE/DT Jenkins. Let him go to Philly with no viable replacement. Sacks plummeted. Pressures plummeted. Opposing QB's looked like All-Pro's.

As evidence and proof that Thompson's player management skills are lacking...I submit that two off season D-line free agent signings and 4 draft picks looking for a pass rusher are enough to show what a mistake Thompson made in Jenkins mis-handling.Not to mention the undrafted college D-linemen the Pack has picked up.

Thompson is in panic mode. Maybe he doesn't want a cross burned into his lawn like has happened before with previous Packer management mistakes.

Just like the Justin Harrell debacle, Thompson has drafted 4 players with a history of injuries. Who can forget the infamous 3 year search for a punter which cost the Pack 4 games a year due to returns that with a good punter would have iced late game leads?

I have my fingers crossed for this year....but

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a Dolphins fan I was on the fence with this draft. The GM has been hit and miss, new coaching staff, new philosophy, same old front office.

Whether or not you like Tannehill he's in the best spot to succeed. Lots of other sneaky picks that may pay off big, Lamar Miller in the 4th (with 1st rd tools) is a good example.

So I give the 'fins a B.

How'd your team do? </div></div>

Think that is a little high for the Fins. Yh they got a decent QB but they got him higher than I think they needed to. I like Miller but they have Bush and the kid they drafted last season. They didn't get a WR til late until the draft. I do have to say the kid Derek Moye you grabbed after the draft I think will be good...6'5 210 lbs and great hands. I do like the pickup of the OT and the LB Kaddu....I just think they could have traded back and still got Tannehill and picked up another pick and I thought they would have gotten a better WR. For me I would have given them more like a C+ or so...something more middle of the road.

Being a Pats fan I loved our draft outside of the Wilson pick which was a suprise. Can't argue with getting a top DE in Jones and a great LB in Hightower in round 1...plus we got a DE in Bequette that seems like he can be decent as well. Getting Dennard in the 7th is a steal if he stays out of prison LOL. They really filled some needs but I had really hoped they had grabbed Moye in the later rounds but oh well...even though I think they had a great draft for me the Wilson pick is strange as I would have drafted one of the top safeties left like the kid from Boise St or OSU etc....for that I would give them a B- or so.

Pats had a real good draft, dangit. Both your 1st rd'ers should make immediate impacts.

I think Miller was a great value pick. He is bigger than most think, real fast, and will be an impact player on special teams right away. How he fits in the backfield...we'll have to see. Daniel Thomas was dinged up and just OK last year. Bush was great but this is a contract year and Ireland is not one to overpay players, so this may be the last season in Miami for Reggie.

The WR corp is a collection of slot guys, though both draft picks and UDFA Jeff Fuller could make the team. I think their initial plan is to take wideout that run good routes and have good hands instead of having a #1 that may feel the need to be force fed.

Not sure what the niners were thinking....

Jenkins as a receiver -- We drafted Crabtree with the 7th 2 years ago. Signed Moss this year (still a deep threat). We also signed Mario Manningham. Maybe as a returner...but that just seems odd.

LaMichael James--again, an elite back in the league Frank Gore. Kendall Hunter, and newly acquired Brandon Jacobs.

Those 2 picks baffle me; how many receivers and how many backs do we need? Beef up the LG and Center position if nothing else...

Well, they surprised the hell out of me last year, I am sure they know something I do not
wink.gif

Jeff Given

Cowgirl fan and the draft looked ok to me C+ until they prove otherwise. They look to have gotten a star DB but not much more. You know if you go back all the gurus look like idiots esp Mel Kiper and the ones that put books out. If you look at the GM's that are considered incredible most will have terrible mistakes every year. I mean Brady was what a 6th rounder? Jimmy Jonson was considered a draft genius go back and look at the flops they drafted with him. Now without him we have been way worse. The draft is dam near a crap shoot. Its good now the first few guys wont start off with 100 mil in the bank. i remember 20 years ago or so the Broncos drafted a lineman in the 1st round they never went to meet. Turned out he weighed like 50lbs less then it said during collage and was 5'10 or something. A good collage player who had no chance in the pros. Funny PG

Raiders...

Al Davis left the new GM and coach a terrible Defense, no draft picks and not much cap room.

But Oakland was 8-8 and the offense is showing promise.

I like the staff & direction the Raiders are headed, it's just going to take some time for the ship's bow to catch up to the course change. And by the time the ship gets headed in the right direction, Carson Palmer will be ready for the rest home.

Seachickens fan....

Wait did i just admit that in public?

Anyways, draft.. hmm solid C. However I hope ol sneaker screw USC and run Carol knows what he is doing now that he is allowed to pay athletes.

Kodiak61 what little I remember about the Seahawks draft was pretty scary didnt they make crazy choices? I will have to look back but thats what I remember. PG

PGG - ubetcha

I am a trail blazers fan and seahawks fan, the draft has never been good to me.

Every year is crazy, even when we do what we are supposed do.