• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NG from North Carolina

Bama Fan

Minuteman
Supporter+
May 10, 2013
Charlotte
Hello, I am a new guy from North Carolina. I currently live in Charlotte, NC. Am a banker by profession but have been on medical leave since suffering medical issues in 2011. My primary interests lie in long-range precision shooting. I have not shot my rifles in over two years as one is on loan to a friend as well as the scopes for both rifles. My current inventory consists of the following:

Remington 5R Milspec .308 with a Zeiss 6.5-20x50 AO MC Conquest scope (MOA reticle and MOA turrets), Badger rings and a Badger 20MOA rail. The rifle is fitted with a custom muzzle brake. Action has been bedded in the factory stock.

Remington 700P Police LE MLR 338LM. with a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 6.5-20x50mm scope with the TMR reticle, Badger rings and a Badger 20M0a rail (also have a Nightforce 40MOA rail as well). This rifle has been fitted with a Badger FTE muzzle brake and has had a trigger job resulting in a crisp 1lbs pull.

Both rifles are very accurate as they sit but could benefit from additional work. I am looking forward to changing the stocks as well as adding better glass.

I look forward to learning all I can from this site and I appreciate all advice given.

The Hide is "like a box of chocolate" cause you never know what you will get :) Welcome to the Hide...I am sure you will find the advice and company here to be helpful.

QUcik quyestion from another new guy, where do we go for a newby's FAQ on Woody's match? I'm on team #7 for the 9 Nov DMM match. I've seen various bits of info but nothing all in one place exactly. Multiple stages, 6 min par time, both shooters must shoot, 600m is the max distance, and a tee-time start is what I got so far. Is there a rule book? any additional guidance? limited round count? How do target hits and the time get scored? I have alot of work to do with my AR10 before I get out there (new glass and it's my first mildot) but I'm really looking forward to getting out there and slinging some lead.