• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NHRPC ARCTIC CHALLENGE match 12/20/09 - RESULTS

fargo007

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2007
Bucks County, PA
www.bhtcorps.com
<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Registration is open for New Holland's first ever Practical & Precision Rifle match!</span>

Registration is full at this time. You can PM me your information and your partner's, and I will add you in as alternates. Cancellations usually do occur.

New Holland rifle and pistol club is located in Gap, PA (amish country).

http://www.nhrpc.org/MatchPrograms/nHRPC_Dec20Match.html

For the first one, I wanted to exercise both disciplines, so it's going to be a team match. You don't have to form a team to go ahead and register, but if you already have a team mate locked in, both of you go ahead and register, and reflect your teamie's name in the appropriate area.

REMEMBER! Both team members must register!

What's the match going to be like?

It's going to be kickass, courtesy of your friends at Black Hat Training Corps (http://www.bhtcorps.com). Consider that NHRPC has a pit system...... 150 rounds carbine, 50-60 rounds precision.

December 20th, 2009. Registration 0830, first shots following the safety briefing at 0900. No pistol for either discipline.

CBS for both practical (5 rounds 300Y standing) and precision (1, 600Y).

Walking movers for both guns

Running movers for both guns

An "Urban Terror" popup stage for both guns

The teams are then separated for some individual work.

Mozambique (Carbine)

Holdover Drill (Precision - score hits with scope on zero on steel all the way out to 600, and spend the rest on paper)

Stress (Carbine) 100Y "Ammo Run"

Stress (Precision) 600Y "Hill Climb"

Any optic, any rifle, equipped with a sling. No bipods may be used on the carbine. No AP/Tracer, M855, etc. Chamber flag required. Match requires moderate physical activity and relay work in the pit. Eye & hearing protection mandatory in the pits also. All NFA items welcome but no full-auto fire is allowed at any time per club rules.

Bring a stapler (in condition 1), masking tape for target pasting, a pen,

Limited to 20 teams, or 40 shooters. Match fee for this one is $25.00 across the board. Registration link is available on the match information page described above.

Hope to see you there. Certified RSO's who are willing to pitch in when they aren't on a gun are especially welcome. :)

Any questions, please get in touch!

--Fargo007

Re: REGISTRATION OPEN! - 1st NHRPC match 12/20/09

Sounds fun Rob you free that day?

Also any prizes or awards?

Sounds like fun and snow as well!!

Hey brotha!

We'll have some token type prizes for this one. Gold/Silver/Bronze dog tags and high shooter for each category.

Being as it's a new program, we don't have a lot of budget. Once we get wheels up, I hope to chase down some sponsorship.

You are welcome to sell some databooks there too if you make it. There will probably be a few people there interested.

There are hotels and amish cooking within 10 minutes of the club.

Take care,

--Fargo007

I think I can swing that. Lert me check the schedule.

Team Blaster is registered and will be there!

Yessir, but you have to wear protective gear just like a shooter would, and remain back from the firing line.

The match is almost full already. There is room for two precision shooters, and one full team, and that's it!

We are overjoyed at the response we've received, and honored that people are coming to shoot with us from pretty far away.

We have seven matches booked there for 2010 to help the club raise money toward extending the range out to 1K. I know that all here know the cause is worthy.

This includes a low light match in February that is suppressors-only. Some matches will be Team Carbine/Precision, others individual effort Carbine, and others individual effort Precision.

I will post them ALL here on the hide, and we are calendaring them to NOT interfere with other excellent matches in the area that we also like to shoot (Reade Range, LRGC).

Good times boys, good times.

--Fargo007

The December match is sold out.

Thanks for supporting NHRPC guys. I know you will have a great time.

I'll take alternates/standbys via PM.

--Fargo007

great lookin match! ill hopefully be able to make it out to some in 2010, once i get my rigs up and running

Freddy,

This was such short notice that I was unable to make arrangements. I'm sure I can make some next year as long as I have a little bit more lead time.

PM Sent.

CM

Understood, I had short notice myself :)

Our calendar is published for 2010 at:

http://nhrpc.org

I have room for one precision shooter to team up with a carbine guy that registered without a team mate. He's squared away and a good shooter.

PM me for the spot.

--Fargo007

What a gorgeous range to shoot on, and a fantastic place to run a match. Mike and I enjoyed having everyone aboard.

Kedron H and Rob G wound up with the grand prizes courtesy of predator custom shop (http://www.predatorcustomshop.com/) which consisted of two rather meaty gift certificates for refinishing services.

I'm very sorry the weather fought people off, and I totally understand if people couldn't make it. We STILL wound up with 27 shooters out of the 34 anticipated. It took a lot of work for us to get the wheels off the ground, but we managed it with everyone's help.

http://bhtcorps.com/scores.html

We appreciate everyone who helped out by running the pits, assisting with stages and setup, shoveling snow, and building and assembling all the cool stuff.

Thanks, and Have a Merry Christmas!

--Fargo007

Fargo wish we could have made it but that snow was a little too hard for a long drive. We will definitely try and make the next one as it seems like you guys had some fun.

Lemme tell ya, Fargo007 runs one heck of a match. New Holland is a great place and anyone able should join. Thanks again there bud for putting on one heck of a show

Two feet of SNOW and white targets- what could be more challenging. Fargo007 & Mike put on a superb match - organized & professional inspite of the Artic conditions. The New Holland range looked great blanketed in white - kinda like the Battle of the Bulge. Also learned at lot of new stuff - keeping your bipod stable on ice, how to shoot thru blowing snow, clearing drifts for target access... Hats off to the Fargo007 crew, BHTCorps, NHR&PC, Predator Custom Shop for great prizes and all those who braved the blizzard and got there - looking forward to the next one.

Thanks guys. The weather made it difficult but once we got wheels up, we were fine. Great group of shooters and some game competition.

Had we not dealt with all that snow, we would have been done by 1 or 2 pm at the latest! Even so, we really appreciate that you came out and helped the club.

Let us know what you liked so we can give you more of what you want. It was a great start but I know we get even better.

Pics are coming. The photog is working on it.

--Fargo007

Here are some pics. I worked my ass off running it and cannot wait for the next one.
grin.gif

Shooters prepare to lay their 600y CBS down:
IMG_0343-vi.jpg

mike 10x'ing his 600y CBS

IMG_362-vi.jpg

Off we go:
IMG_0484-vi.jpg

Some worried about the snow. Others decided to worry about it later:
IMG_0498-vi.jpg

Two teams getting a sight picture before engaging flash popups at 200Y.
IMG_0499-vi.jpg

The sight of a competitor with a snow shovel was commonplace.
IMG_0513-vi.jpg

Steve of one of the Maryland teams prepares to take on a mover while his spotter wisely readies a set of binos to adjust fire.
IMG_522-vi.jpg

Tom, of the other Maryland team (which finished 2nd place) prepares to take on movers as the BHTCorps match directors check out the .300 Win Mag built by Predator Custom Shop.
IMG_0520-vi.jpg

Another shot of the predator rig evacuating a piece of .300WM brass into the snow.
IMG_0526-vi.jpg

Two shooters during the stress-fire stage. Because of all the shoveling, this could have been skipped.

url]

url]

Re: PICS - 1st NHRPC match 12/20/09

Stress fire stage:
IMG_0742-vi.jpg

Team Black Hat, and a lone carbine shooter engage 200Y popups.
IMG_0608-vi.jpg

Standing, 300Y
IMG_0378-vi.jpg

A look at the popup stage target presentations. Carbine shooters had a lone target outside "the house." Precision shooters had to engage the targets in the windows and hit in the very center of the head area to score. Here you can see a brown one in the house, and a brown & yellow outside.

pitbarricadezoom.jpg

A shooter on a .308 Crusader runs a 1:00 holdover drill on steel out to 500Y. Shooters had 10 rounds and 1 minute to hit 5 pieces of steel from 300-500 and then spend what remained on a B27 for bonus points. Some of the steel and the lower parts of some B27's were partially obscured by snow drifts.

IMG_356-vi.jpg

Re: PICS - 1st NHRPC match 12/20/09

From the photog, who has too much time on his hands....

<span style="font-style: italic">
Our heroes make a valiant stand to defend our 2nd amendment rights against the dark lord and his imperial forces. </span>

Hoth-vi.jpg