• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NHRPC Kalashnikov & Precision Rifle Match 1/17

fargo007

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2007
Bucks County, PA
www.bhtcorps.com
Registration is open!

Please pray for better weather this time guys!

Match Info & Registration: http://bhtcorps.com/NHRPCJAN17MATCH.html

Registration is parked there for the time being, and will appear on the nhrpc site shortly.

But we'll be up there rain or shine. It's a great course of fire with moving targets, popups, a challenging hostage drill for precision, and a pistol transition drill for the Kalashnikov. Don't miss the chance to get out and engage such a variety of targets in weather the Kalashnikov rifle was designed for!

20 Kalashnikov shooters, and 20 precision shooters will be accepted. These are side by side matches. You shoot either Precision, OR Kalashnikov.

All rifles must be zeroed before match day. Zeroed means you know elevation settings to deliver rounds to the proper safe impact area at each distance you will fire at. The distances are not that far, and if you have a good 100Y/200Y zero on your Kalashnikov the sight adjustments for 300 can be trusted. Longer shots are shooter's choice. Only shoot at what you can hit. There is no quarter for zeroing shots before the match.

Kalashnikov:
125 rounds for the Kalashnikov with 10 rounds pistol in a strong side holster (e.g. a belt/hip holster, that carries the muzzle facing down).

Precision:
50 rounds precision. Bipod/Ruck and rear bag are fine, but no sandbag type rests up front. Please refer to the Practical rifle section on http://nhrpc.org for caliber and safety requirements for 600Y shooting.

Get on board comerades,

--Fargo007

Re: NHRPC Kalashnikov & Precision Rifle Match 1/17

I just finished mounting snowshoes on my bipod, let it snow. I'll be ready for anything. See you on the 17th.

Steve B.

are you gonna have any more later this year? its kinda short notice for this one

Pacomdiver,
We have a few more planned. check on our site for future matches and classes.
Mike--

Looks like you are very close to me. Not sure if I can make this match. But absolutly will go in the future. New rifle, need to work up loads and get dope.

can we use drop leg holsters? im definitely interested in the ak only match if your gonna have more, but have a long range match the following weekend that im getting ready for and wont have time to mount optics on the ak and get ready for it

pacomdiver,
A drop leg holster is fine...no need to get the AK ready...There is also a Precision COF the same day.
Mike-

id rather run the ak, and not risk taking a chance hurting my long range rig since i need it the next weekend

You guys are going to love it. We have a great program on deck for both precision and Kalashnikov shooters.

If anyone wants to run an AR for shits & giggles we have spots open. You won't compete for top spots with an AR, but there's no brand new caddy on the prize table either.

.......... THIS time....

--Fargo007

so are you gonna have ak only matches in the future?

It absolutely is an AK only match.

We have open spots that are getting filled with other guns, but they are just shooting to enjoy the CoF, not as part of the competition.

Only Kalashnikovs are eligible for the 1st 2nd and 3rd prizes.

--Fargo007

do you have 4 spots left? me and my buddys are gonna try to make it

is there a minimum age for the ak match? my 16yr old son wants to try it

Shitty weather, but doesn't that add to the testing process?

cool.gif

Scores are up, and congrats to Jim R and Dave H for a fantastic performance in among the worst conditions I have ever shot in on that range.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tbkOLa-bhCqwRDG9BUfz6AA&output=html

Remember.... A day of hard rain at the range is still better than a sunny day at work.

--Fargo007

Thanks to Freddy and Mike for a great time, met some new ak fanatics had fun even though it was a soaker, New Holland was a great new find for me personally....

Great shooting again bro, and thanks for coming down.

You guys with the 5.56 Kalashnikovs are really tough to compete with. Perhaps I gotta get me one 'a dem......

--Fargo007