• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms NIB BARRETT MRAD 338 LAPUA MAGNUM plus AMMO **Spf**

Colt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2007
New Braunfels, Texas - 78132
I purchased this rifle 11 months ago in person from an individual in Austin, Texas who purchased the rifle from Joe McBride of McBride's Guns. Joe confirmed this as well. The original add was listed on 1911.com for those who may recall. The rifle has never been fired and retains the original blue tape on the ejection port from the factory. This is the rifle that was awarded the contract to the US SOCCOM and therefore setting off the 1-2 year wait list (folding stock version). This is the model that allows you to convert between multiple calibers as the name implies MRAD: Multiple-Role Adaptive Design. This particular rifle carries a 338 Lapua Magnum barrel. The trigger is particularly smooth and crisp, no additional work will be necessary.

Last week I underwent my second eye surgery for detached retina, so reality is slowly setting in. While this is not what I consider a "big boomer", I will prefer the lesser calibers as I age not so gracefully.

You see a lot of ammunition in the pictures, along with all the standard accoutrements that shipped with the rifle from Barrett. Thats conservatively over $1000 worth of 338 LP ammo I purchased. The purchase price of the rifle was $6000 for those who recall the add and my purchase on 1911.com and again, the rifle was and remains brand new - never fired with a hard case. And still a very difficult rifle to acquire. I will sell the Rifle with the Ammo for $5500 locally. That means in South Texas. San Antonio, Austin area. Lets talk .. two one zero 913 5050.

Thanks for considering
Charles

BurnDoc on AR15.com
Charles k. Thompson on 1911 Addicts

Attachments

• MRAD1.jpg
    MRAD1.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 401
  • MRAD2.jpg
    MRAD2.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 413
  • MRAD3.jpg
    MRAD3.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 358
  • MRAD4.jpg
    MRAD4.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 357
  • MRAD5.jpg
    MRAD5.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 308
  • MRAD6.jpg
    MRAD6.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 339
  • MRAD7.jpg
    MRAD7.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 330
  • MRAD8.jpg
    MRAD8.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
Addressing offline questions:

I spoke with the Barrett Customer Rep line yesterday.

Yes, this is the latest model with the small breach.
No, it does not require Breech conversion kits to switch between calibers.
Yes, I am now willing to sell the rifle separately from the ammunition.
Will consider shipping

Thank you.

Charles

well if i have a good gun show this weekend, you and I may have to visit, great setup :)

Reactions: Colt
Jinxx3ever

"well if i have a good gun show this weekend, you and I may have to visit, great setup :)"

Getting a ton of trade offers, but hoping you have a great show and flush with cash LOL.
Charles

Reactions: jinxx4ever