• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NIB Pulsar Axion 2 XG35 LRF Thermal Monocular

Rocky59

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2019
I have a New in box Pulsar Axion 2 XG35 LRF Thermal Monocular for sale. The unit has 1900+ yard detection range, 640x480 Microbolometer, 1024x768 AMOLED display and Built-in photo and video recording.
I bought this brand new at the end of September (2022) from Outdoor Legacy Gear. There is about 3 years of warranty left. Plans changed
Asking 2800.00 shipped and insured.
IMG202310 (1).JPGIMG202310 (2).JPGIMG202310 (3).jpgIMG202310 (4).jpgIMG202310 (5).jpg

I have a New in box Pulsar Axion 2 XG35 LRF Thermal Monocular for sale. The unit has 1900+ yard detection range, 640x480 Microbolometer, 1024x768 AMOLED display and Built-in photo and video recording.
I bought this brand new at the end of September (2022) from Outdoor Legacy Gear. There is about 3 years of warranty left. Plans changed
Asking 2800.00 shipped and insured.
View attachment 8043536View attachment 8043537View attachment 8043538View attachment 8043539View attachment 8043540
Still available??

Reactions: Bmaier69
I have already sent this guy $2600.00 in a cashiers check and it "apparently" has shipped to me, but I have been waiting over a month now since it was scheduled to arrive. I am not sure what is going on, but I am seriously concerned!!

I hope this helps.

Yes....well now "I" am "saying" something. I had never purchased from him before....I have never had any issues with anyone on the Hide. I guess I trusted too much! Thank you for your input.

This one might actually be a person, you might be able to track this one down as It doesn't appear to be an organized scammer group

I would post the details of what you did get from them to see, as the IPs are coming back to the same place in GA

I agree....I have his name and address and have contacted the court in his area. I could sue him in small claims court and maybe chase hime down. What would you suggest in regards to Snipers to disallow this from happening to others. I am more of a "newbie" to these types of forums and also an "old school" guy....any thoughts / help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Nothing you can do, we simply ban the accounts

We post best practices to avoid scammers, in this case it looks an individual just decided to say fuck it,

You can't do anything but ask hard questions up front

Ok....so since I have pics of check and all comms between me and him....should I post anything and if so, where should I post it. I do not want to do anything against policy or something that is inappropriate. Can you give me an idea of the "best" questions to ask up front?

Ok....thanks....you never know....maybe this guy will do the right thing in the long run. Do you have direct knowledge of this specific scamming other people? I do not want to assume he is a "bad guy" unless there is direct evidence of other situations.

So I just looked up "Global Courier Ltd." on the internet and they are definitely a scam (see below). Do you think the guy I bought this from is likely part of that scam too or was he possibly taken advantage of by shipping through them. I just want to be careful re: throwing him under the bus too until I have as many facts as I can gather. Are you able to assist?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 9.52.39 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 9.52.39 AM.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 24
I need to file a small claims suit against this guy, but do not want to be too hasty unless he is definitely a scammer too.

I actually talked to this guy and knew immediately he was a flake and reported the ad using the report button. Got a reply basically telling me to pound sand and that no action would be taken. Below is a screen shot of my last PM with this guy. Check it out Frank if those types of records are kept.

74336A0F-D9C3-49B4-B4E9-C808C829F506.png

Thank you for this info....I guess I am likely just "out" the $$. I sent my cashiers check for him to Grand Junction, CO. I have an address where I sent to and the name he gave me is Bob Pfifer. The "ship to" for the cashiers check is addressed to 3039 Seneca Pl. Grand Junction, CO 81504.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.47.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.47.26 PM.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.47.01 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.47.01 PM.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 21
Well....Live and Learn I guess. I historically have not done a lot of "deal making" on forums, but I appreciate you guys giving some input so I can be a more shrewd purchaser going forward!

@Candorick, looks like I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve sent Zelle against my better judgment and received bogus tracking info.
I have his phone # and email:

Phone# 970 209 0355
Email. [email protected]
Name. Robert Pfifer

Damn....I got lucky. Notice at the top of the posting, I was one of the first to PM him to say I was very interested......Lucky he never replied.

I can't believe people pull this crap! Too bad there isn't a known person and their known location, so we could all go and take a big swing at him (toning it down to what really should happen to these kind of shit heads).

The guy I talked to was Asian…like way East Asian and the phone number was not the same as the Pfifer dude.

All you guys are great! Thanks for this extra info. I know he can be sued through the Grand Junction small claims court, but not sure if it is worth the trouble or not.

The guy I talked to was Asian…like way East Asian and the phone number was not the same as the Pfifer dude.
When you pull the address it comes up with the number in the picture I posted . Robert Marion Pfifer 72 years old.
Doesn’t sound like an Asian guy.

I’m just giving my experience. Notice the number I called was different.
Maybe 2 madafackers

So I am just looking for what you guys think re: small claims against him....I am into him $2600.00 and it kind of hurts to just let it go. I am feeling like it might be a waste of time with all of the details you have mentioned above, but I am really pretty naive on these "elaborate" scam set ups. I am willing to let the $$ go....just need to figure out if it is worth pursuing....I am in CA to boot!

The issue with Reports,

Nobody gives details and assumes we can "see" things ...

We get reports that say, "Scammer" and when we look, nothing shows as a problem, the email is good, no change log that something was changed

So honestly I am gonna throw this back at you, Posting, Scammer, or Scammer check out my PMs is not happening

We can't see your private messages without taking over the account

Report system is awesome if you use it right, assuming we can see what you see is the first mistake, not giving details is the second

We easily get 20 reports a day, we are not "investigating" like you think, we look at high level stuff and if there is nothing to look at we have nothing to look at and we don't assume the account is bad.
Too many of you report, I think it's hacked or looks hacked with no effort and when we look we see no changes. But we don't talk to these guys you do

Reactions: Sendero_Man
i gave details on what I found/encountered. Maybe it wasn’t enough to make a determination. I’ll just watch out for myself moving forward.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me guys....much appreciated. I am just going to let this go and chalk it up to "live and learn"!! If I would have looked more closely (which I did NOT), I would have seen "banned"! I cannot believe I did not see that. Snipers did their job the best they could! Thank you again!