• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NICS-----at 1 hour on hold waiting for a

Re: NICS-----at 1 hour on hold waiting for a

Ha! Try waiting 2 and a half hours, leaving the FFL holder on the phone, and getting a call back after he left his phone on hold for 7hrs.... THEN getting delayed for a week more than the standard delay wait time.

ok..looks like this is the issue

due to their "business", the "delayed" have piled up exponentially. So now, what they are doing is for anyone that gets a "need further review" (even the quicky proceed people that always get a "needs further review") is being clumped in with the typical "delayed" people and they are clearing or denying them right then and there (no 3 day wait).

Great for those "3 day delay" people
Sucks for the "needs further review but is cleared" people

sheesh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megahoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That mercenary stint in the Congo is coming back to haunt you, eh?

LOL</div></div>

Not Funny!
smile.gif

I saw a copy of an email from ATF today. They reported over 2 million transactions in November and are already well over that for December. The email stated they expect to exceed 2.5 million for December.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw a copy of an email from ATF today. They reported over 2 million transactions in November and are already well over that for December. The email stated they expect to exceed 2.5 million for December.
</div></div>

Well, finally a positive note...

dude, I bought a little Savage rascal for my nieces last week, and my buddy sellin me the rifle couldn't even get through to NICS because of the high call volume. ended up going home and coming back in the morning to try again. I think somebody in BATF has got to be crapping their pants with monthly numbers like these..... and it pleases me. course I ain't too pleased about the wait time..

In Texas if you have a CHL you don't have to do a background check. Just fill out the forms and your done.