• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Night Force 15x55x52 Competition

kyhuntclub

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2013
Western KY
I am considering buying the 2014 model when they are released for my 6.5x47 that is being built by AO. Could I get some feedback from some guys that have used the current model?

Thx

Richard.

A guy I shoot with has one and its nice, I shot a few rds through his rifle and liked it better than my 12-42. I didn't do any dialing on it. This was on a 22lr at a benchrest match. I haven't tried one on a center fire but I'm sure it works well, you may run out of adjustment for longer range, check that out before you drop the coin.

If you will be using this scope for target work like F-class or Benchrest it would be a fine choice.

For field course or tactical matches not so much because it has .125 moa clicks. FFP scopes are the best tool for these type of matches.

High magnification is often over rated but has it's purposes.

90% of the work for this rifle will at the range shooting for fun at paper and steel. I have an ATACR right now that I can always swap out if needed.

Specs on the 15x55 say it has 55 MOA of adjustment. With a 20 MOA base I wonder I wonder how much will be used up to set the zero at 100 yards.

The 2014 models have new turret caps on them. 10 MOA per Rev.

Last edited:
Same here. How does the 2014 Competition model compare to the 12-42x56 Benchrest model? I like the focus on the side instead of the objective, it appears to have uncapped turrets, and zero-stop. Any reason to think that the BR model is still the better choice for 1000yd competition, other than the reticle options.

I have the 2013 model and switch between it and an S&B PMII depending on the type of shooting. It is a high quality scope and for certain applications like bench rest and F Class it works well. The 1/8 MOA adjustments work well for that type of shooting but not very practical otherwise and being a SFP scope further limits it. The 2014 model has better reticle choices as well as a zero stop which is a good addition. I will be sending mine back to NF later this year to change out the reticle and install a zero stop.

I think the 55 moa of E is total , so you will need to choose a canted rail of some sort to get most of that 55 moa of adjustment , depending on what cal are max range you decide on .

You might try doing a search on the shooters forum at 6mmbr.com. I believe I have seen several threads there on the NF Competition series.