• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Night Force and Burris.

-=boone=-

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Charleston, WV
If this has been covered (I'm sure it has) I apologize first and foremost, my search turned up zilch.

I will be putting a Night Force 5.5-22x56mm on a Heavy barreled Remington action. The 56mm has brought up a question.
When looking at the Night Force rings and a 20moa NF base will the "high" (1.125) rings provide the clearance needed at the front bell?

I am also going to be putting a Burris Fullfield Tac II on my Bushmaster AR. I would like to put this scope in QD rings. The AR will still have the front post sight. So do I need Risers with particular height rings. Or just a set of _______ height rings. Recommendations on rings would be helpful.

Thanks
-.brian

Re: Night Force and Burris.

Hmm, it's only been brought up before, and covered, a few hundred times or so.
smile.gif

Use "newer than one year" in the SEARCH function, not the default of "newer than one week". Search on "ring height" in the Optics Forum. Start reading.
wink.gif

Mine is a 700 with a Rock M24 contour, 20moa base and seekins rings with a 5.5-22x56 NF, it clears but with VERY little room. I have a set of those rings, basically new if you haven't purchased them yet and need some.
Cant comment on AR.

Mike

I put a pair of us optics mediums on a mark 4 base with a 50mm and that ended up being a touch to tall on rem 700 heavy what are the specs on the burris?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If this has been covered (I'm sure it has) I apologize first and foremost, my search turned up zilch.

I will be putting a Night Force 5.5-22x56mm on a Heavy barreled Remington action. The 56mm has brought up a question.
When looking at the Night Force rings and a 20moa NF base will the "high" (1.125) rings provide the clearance needed at the front bell?

Thanks
-.brian </div></div>

On a PSS contour, you can barely get away with the low (.885") rings as long as you use the NF base. If you have an actual heavy barrel (M24/MTU/), the 1" NF rings will be sufficient.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ttam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put a pair of us optics mediums on a mark 4 base with a 50mm and that ended up being a touch to tall on rem 700 heavy what are the specs on the burris? </div></div>

Burris 2-7x35 Fullfield II Tactical