• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Night Force: Be Honest

I've got three NX8's with the Mil-XT reticle and I think they are one of the best bang for buck scopes on the market. I don't get all of the hype on super super scope glass, it's like when some audiophile fools get brain washed into monster cables. I understand top shelf glass for binos, spotting scopes and especially camera lenses... you know, things that you may be looking through for hours at a time, even if you aren't trying to shoot it.

Rifle scope??? LOL... durability, tracking, reticle design, and light gathering are way more important in that order.

-ZA
Don't knock Monster Cables. There is a noticeable difference in clarity between them and cheap cables especially when you use high end speakers.

Reactions: Islas82
I’m still a NF fan boy, but their customer support is definitely leading me to look elsewhere. I’ve sent in 2 optics in the last 3 years. Elevation turret issue on an ATACR and a parallax issue on an NXS. Both times they found “nothing” wrong yet in the notes they replaced the elevation turret and sent a new NXS out to me. This was after over 2 months of back and forth and no less than 12-15 emails. They gave no status on repairs until I inquired. It was almost a mirrored Leica experience.

Reactions: R_A_W
I’m still a NF fan boy, but their customer support is definitely leading me to look elsewhere. I’ve sent in 2 optics in the last 3 years. Elevation turret issue on an ATACR and a parallax issue on an NXS. Both times they found “nothing” wrong yet in the notes they replaced the elevation turret and sent a new NXS out to me. This was after over 2 months of back and forth and no less than 12-15 emails. They gave no status on repairs until I inquired. It was almost a mirrored Leica experience.
Honestly, this issue and the way they handle it seems to be a common thread. I could tell my story and they took care of it but it was brand new and they pretty much said "if it happens again, it's on you", as if I did something to begin with to it??? I much much prefer zco in the scope, the glass, the reticle, and the ownership and CS. Happy to pay what is in reality not a lot more for superior everything.

I should say that I've had great experience with vortex too and have many of their scopes and other stuff as well. We all know their CS is the gold standard. They actually completely changed the entire scope industry by how they do things if we are being honest and old enough to remember, before vortex set that standard.

Last edited:
Sounds like you could have been treated a whole lot better, for a whole lot less. :ROFLMAO:

Absolutely great optics, I don't personally know anyone who regrets buying one. The presence in the PRS/ELR setting should say enough.