• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Night force ?

captain zeke

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2008
Crawford Ga
Is a 3.5x15x50 nightforce f1 enough optic for 600 to 1000 yard shooting !
Looking at getting one for a Gap10 or should I go with a 5.5 x 22 x 56 for more zoom zoom and not worry about the f1
Thanks for your opion
Isaac

Re: Night force ?

Keep in mind, up till recent, the Marines were shooting a straight 10 power scope! And they sometimes shoot past 600 yards. The search function on this sight is your best friend. This question has been asked more times then can be counted. You would do well as to go read; also, ether scope would be fine.

Skip both and go with the NF 8-32 or the March 8-60. There is absolutley no way to get to 1000 yds without either one of these...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No definitely not enough optic for 600 to 1000 yard shooting </div></div>

Says the man that has taken a 18.5" .308 to 1K with a NF F1 lol.

The NF F1 is a great all around scope in my opinion that will do fine based on your criteria and rifle. I recommend the new MLR2 reticle if you get the F1, it is an excellent reticle for a FFP optic.

<span style="font-weight: bold">America, Fuck yeah:</span>

Chey04.jpg

Captain,
I have used a f1 out to 1000 on steel and it worked great. MLR2 is a good reticle choice. Solid glass and turrets, enough said.
btw I own 2 of them.

I already have the 8x32 on one of my rifles and like it alot ! Just thought the field of view on the f1 scope would do better for long range tactical shooting !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captain zeke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I already have the 8x32 on one of my rifles and like it alot ! Just thought the field of view on the f1 scope would do better for long range tactical shooting ! </div></div>

Everyone is just busting your chops. Yes the 3.5x15x50 Nightforce F1 would be an excellent scope.