• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Night Optics D-930

AED146

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2011
Baytown, Texas
Does anyone have any Experience with the Night Optics D-930 clip on Gen 3 if so please provide any details regarding the unit and if you have compared the NV D-930 to the Flir PVS-22.

Re: Night Optics D-930

I've compared the two of them side by side. While the D-930 can be fitted with some of the world's best I^2 tubes, its not in the same league as the PVS-22.

The main problem I had with it was the mounting of the device directly to the objective bell of the day optic with which it would be used. The only advantage that could be gained from this would be if a guy had a bolt gun, and no rails on it. I know of one Leupold 3-10 X 50 that broke at the junction of the objective and fuselage of the scope, when it was fitted with a D-930.

The PVS-22 is capable of being used with a wide variety of different optics, none of which require that the NOD be touching the optic. Also, the alignment of the PVS-22 and optic is very forgiving, further enhancing the versatility of use with different platforms.

Hope that helps

Re: Night Optics D-930

I have not compared the two side by side, but I do own a D-930 and have been very happy with my unit. There is a thread on here with more details and some pics of the unit, I too was not satisfied with the mounting system and found a solution to be able to mount it on a rail rather than to the tube of my scope and it works well.

I have recently got one of the DBAL-2 units for an illuminator that I use in conjunction with my unit....couldn't be happier with my set-up. In my case price was an issue...I have read that the PVS-27 and the CVND-LR are also great options, but close to if not twice the price. For a bang for the buck clip-on device I think the D-930 is a valid option and it is worth the money spend a few hundred more dollars for a "hand select" unit. The image is very clear. Good luck!