• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Night vision $2000-$2500

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
SO I currently have a pulsar Clip-on Thermal scope. It works really well for what I want. I can use it as a monocular or a clip-on scope.

I have a max of 2500 to spend on night vision. I am torn between a direct mount and a pvs14.

what are you recommending?

Check a few hide dealers ... the used tube/mil-housing pvs-14 market ... will get you a gen3 pvs-14 within your budget.

You might have to do a little huntin and waitin ... but that's the market I buy in to, so I know it exists.

A little bit more and you could have a new Photonis Echo spec WP with 10 year warranty. Seeing some awesome numbers on Echos recently- 68LP over 30 SN, etc. best of all available and shipping in 1-3 business days.

@Prebanpaul Yeah, those Echo's from JRH are some pretty nice units.

Actually, the Echo will give a better image in higher light environments and when you really get in the dark, dark situations, hecque you need an illuminator for all of them, even the high spec L3 Filmless. When you turn on the illuminator is when the Echo will give a cleaner/clearer image than regular Gen 3 technology.

I think GB Maryland photo comparisons demonstrated that pretty well.

A little bit more and you could have a new Photonis Echo spec WP with 10 year warranty. Seeing some awesome numbers on Echos recently- 68LP over 30 SN, etc. best of all available and shipping in 1-3 business days.

Who has them shipping that soon? Everyone I look at is 10+ weeks out.

Assuming you don’t already have it, factor at least a few hundred $$$ for headgear — Bump/Nightcap/Sentinel, Wilcox shroud, Rhino II, counterweight, strobe.

Last edited:
@ Thehorta when you say a few hundred, Everything I have seen, was 500-800 for the head gear is this about right.

Crye Nightcap + Wilcox Shroud ($130), Rhino II ($100), Counterweight ($50), Strobe ($50).

Add another $400 if you want a decent bump helmet and 4D pads.

Reactions: Prebanpaul
Crye Nightcap + Wilcox Shroud ($130), Rhino II ($100), Counterweight ($50), Strobe ($50).

Add another $400 if you want a decent bump helmet and 4D pads.
Get the 4D pads for sure! Like resting your head in-between you know what! At least that's what a few say...Ha

Also so folks know here on the hide, ALL our TNV night vision builds are done in house, we don't rely on anyone to simply drop ship thousands of dollars worth of gear and have no hands on whatsoever.

We also don't up charge for better specs with our Mil Spec tubes. Just let us know if you have specific spec in mind, and we'll do our best.

We alao have a 10K year tube and life time system warranty on all TNV builds as well.

It's been crazy busy with orders, the most we've seen since early 2000's!

Get the 4D pads for sure! Like resting your head in-between you know what! At least that's what a few say...Ha

Also so folks know here on the hide, ALL our TNV night vision builds are done in house, we don't rely on anyone to simply drop ship thousands of dollars worth of gear and have no hands on whatsoever.

We also don't up charge for better specs with our Mil Spec tubes. Just let us know if you have specific spec in mind, and we'll do our best.

We alao have a 10K year tube and life time system warranty on all TNV builds as well.

It's been crazy busy with orders, the most we've seen since early 2000's!
I think we're all getting ready for November 4th.... no matter who wins.....

I am torn as i am in a the same boat...After seeing a WP tube, i know i want that.

I saw the echo tubes and they seem to have some price to value and as i am not using this for duty, rather leisure i have a lot more flexibility with that.

But i think the US made tubes will have more resell value and would not be as suspect to me.

The two big names i have seen (Not an expert by any means) are NVD and TNVC... TNVC sales themselves and NVD drop ships through a retailer.

I think we're all getting ready for November 4th.... no matter who wins.....
Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get. Right now we getting Communists, Fascists, Antifa and just pure dee thugs.

Then there are other boxes.

"There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."

Reactions: WALLYBOB
SO I currently have a pulsar Clip-on Thermal scope. It works really well for what I want. I can use it as a monocular or a clip-on scope.

I have a max of 2500 to spend on night vision. I am torn between a direct mount and a pvs14.

what are you recommending?

Check out AGM PVS-14s. You should be able to get a white phos unit from OpticsPlanet if you use a coupon for about $2,500.