• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Night Vision scope

angeluscorpion

Private
Minuteman
May 7, 2009
I didn't want to step on the other thread. Do any of you guys have a NV scope if so which ones and how well does it work. I'm looking to get a Gen II scope and looking for sugguestions. The only NV I've ever used are all the NVG systems the Marine Corps uses so I don't know much about whats avaiable to cilivians.

Re: Night Vision scope

Im a dealer for nvdepot.com PM sent

Have a MoroVision Gen III PVS/4 and another GEN III Morovision scope (can't recall the model off the top of my head).

Both scopes work great, I need to practice with them some more though. NV is alot harder to shoot with than day optics.

I have a IR illuminator called The Torch. Works great. Victor on ar15.com sells them. If you are using this for hunting, it will make animal's eyes light up. It does alert the animals a little though. Would not use on a two way range as it has forward signature.

If you are patient you can pick up slightly used NV fairly cheap.

-dan

All of the Gen II and the lower tier of Gen III is available for the civilian market. D 740/760 and MV 740/760 come highly recommended. Go to tacticalnightvision.com or bhphotovideo.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darkshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of the Gen II and the lower tier of Gen III is available for the civilian market. </div></div>.

I have a D740 Gen3 pinnacle tube with data card and I'm a civilian. There is a Raptor 6x to be had in the for sale section FWIW.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...912#Post1138912

I love my scope - with half a moon it is like daytime out there. On the darkest nights (clouds, no moon or stars), you just turn on this puppy: http://www.opticshq.com/page/Optics/PROD/Night-Vision-Accessories/ELR-VF (which is the same thing as the forementioned torch).

Supe....Checked the site, theat ELT is sweet...Thanx for the link.