• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce 5.5-22x50 NXS Problem

ARbowhunter7

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2010
Cartersville, GA
I've got this scope and today while making a large left to right adjustment (initial zero) my side turret stopped clicking. It still has relatively the same tension, but just no clicks. What did I do?

Re: Nightforce 5.5-22x50 NXS Problem

Update:

Seems like the screw on the side of the turret had backed out a small amount. I torqued it back down and the clicks are back. Did I mess something up, though, by turning it too far? Is this why I had to tighten up the screw? Or had it likely just backed out?

Think i know what your trying to say.

I'd say the the turret screws were just loose to begin with, and no damage should have occured. If you want to re-zero the turret after sighting in your rifle you will need to loosen them again anyhow and retighten them afterwoods. Wouldnt worry about it. You can back those screws out and remove the turret if you wanted, that will give you an idea how it works. Pretty simple setup really, the screws just seat into a v-groove when done up tight enough.

Pete

sounds straight forward- must have been the loose screw.. I would imagine you would have to really give a NF turret a wrench before you had something dramatic happen!

don't tighten the screws too much, they are delicate