• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce 7-35 atacr vs 4-32 nx8

RobbW

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2014
Mesa, Arizona
I currently use the 7-35 as my main scope with a tremor3. Was planning on adding another one.

the nx8 seems somewhat comparable with a much lower price. Besides tube dia, what are main differences? Think this would be a good add as a secondary scope?

who has some experience using both?

thanks.

Robb

If you like the ATACR 7-35, I think the NX8 4-32 is very, very close for a lot less money...enough that I would never buy an ATACR after comparing them side by side over many days in differing conditions.

Only real optical difference I can see is the NX8 has a very slight fish eye around the periphery starting about 28 up to 32x and it is slightly darker in low light than the ATACR at 25x and over.

Reactions: RobbW
Depends on use case, a 2nd focal 7-35 ATACR is one of the best ELR scopes on the market. If you are using FFP on both and not utilizing the extra elevation adjustment it probably gets a lot closer.

I currently use the 7-35 as my main scope with a tremor3. Was planning on adding another one.

the nx8 seems somewhat comparable with a much lower price. Besides tube dia, what are main differences? Think this would be a good add as a secondary scope?

who has some experience using both?

thanks.

Robb

Robb,
PM me your number if you don’t mind and I can go over all the differences over the phone when I get into the office (it’s 0519 right now lol) which is a lot to type.

I've got both and while I haven't spent a ton of time with the NX8, it's not as good at anything the 7-35 is except for low end mag and lighter weight. It really depends on your planned use.

4-32 is an awesome hunting/cross-over optic
7-35 is an awesome match/target optic

I'm a fan of both but they are on very different rifles.

I've got both and while I haven't spent a ton of time with the NX8, it's not as good at anything the 7-35 is except for low end mag and lighter weight. It really depends on your planned use.

4-32 is an awesome hunting/cross-over optic
7-35 is an awesome match/target optic

I'm a fan of both but they are on very different rifles.
I will whole heartily agree here. While I don't have the 4-32... I have the 2.5-20. I've also owned many top tier optics. The NX8's have their place... are they as good as an ATACR, short answer is no.